Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep, that's him done for a while. 

Ings might have been brought in because they know Watkins injury is a problem...

Either way, it's Villa, a place where even the most innocuous injury can sideline you for 12 months. 

Ings was brought in before Watkins got injured.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Front 3 picks itself tomorrow then. 

it didn't last week. many were surprised to see young there. who knows what deano will do

i'd prefer buendia - ings - bailey but i suspect buendia will be in the 10 again and he'll start  young/el ghazi

This for me is another reason why we need a CAM. We can switch to a 4-2-3-1 and have someone that can do the Barkley role of last season, but someone more like the Barkley form the first 10 games of the season as opposed to the other ones he played.

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So last week he was “back next week”.  Next week rolls along and he’s still out but it’s “not a long term injury”.

Sound familiar? 🤔 

Next week, 'it's up to Ollie'. 

Then, boom, sold for £101 million to Man City in January as he had a release clause. 

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

Next week, 'it's up to Ollie'. 

Then, boom, sold for £101 million to Man City in January as he had a release clause. 

Still if we can sell our whole first 11 to city for 100 mil each we can afford a decent rebuild 🤣

18 hours ago, DCJonah said:

My dad bumped into him in a light store in Solihull yesterday. Asked if he was fit for Saturday and he said hopefully. 

That's my ITK info. Do I get a blue tick next to my name?

He's out for tomorrow.

Your dad is a bare faced liar!

(obviously this is a joke)

i know in theory all the secrecy around injury is a good thing etc.......in theory.....

But as a fan its really annoying, we say versus Watford "oh Ollie is ok, he's borderline, he might play depending on how he feels, if he feels ok he will train and be in the squad"..........not in squad.

A whole week later......"yeah not fit, not recovering as well as we thought"......not in squad.

I mean, i get the secrecy.....but it also makes the club come across.......not great.

Its like the club has the "Engels Zone", which is kinda like the Twilight Zone for injuries, where 2 day injuries turn in to 6 month injuries due to some form of time dilation paradox in the vicinity of BMH.

Edited by MaVilla

All summer long I've seen people suggesting that with the money we've spent we should be challenging for Europe, and now just because Watkins is going to miss a game we're suddenly going to struggle against Newcastle, something doesn't add up there, if we're expected to be a strong top half team then it should follow that we have a good chance against Newcastle with or without Watkins, especially when we have one of the division's better goalscorers in Ings to replace him.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i know in theory all the secrecy around injury is a good thing etc.......in theory.....

But as a fan its really annoying, we say versus Watford "oh Ollie is ok, he's borderline, he might play depending on how he feels, if he feels ok he will train and be in the squad"..........not in squad.

A whole week later......"yeah not fit, not recovering as well as we thought"......not in squad.

I mean, i get the secrecy.....but it also makes the club come across.......not great.

But you get the reason for it, how we play is so totally dependent on Ollie. If teams know he's out they prepare differently than if he's in

I'm just gutted for Ollie, I'm sure he and all the players are desperate to play in front of a full house at Villa park again, or in many cases for the first time. The lad was sensational for us last season and it would of been nice to be able to show our appreciation for that. Hopefully he'll be back for Brentford at the very least.

Ings is no mug, losing Ollie for a game or two is not the end of the world, which it would of been last season. Having some squad depth is something we are all going to have to get used to.

Â