Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

52 minutes ago, useless said:

All summer long I've seen people suggesting that with the money we've spent we should be challenging for Europe, and now just because Watkins is going to miss a game we're suddenly going to struggle against Newcastle, something doesn't add up there, if we're expected to be a strong top half team then it should follow that we have a good chance against Newcastle with or without Watkins, especially when we have one of the division's better goalscorers in Ings to replace him.

Yes it's just the usual Villa jitters. Happens to every club when they lose first game of the season!

All round we have a better squad and should be able to finish in the top half at the very least. As for Europe hoefully we can get ourselves into a position that will at least give us a shot at sneaking in. Sometimes the ebb and flown of a league in the final third of the season can do just that. As long as we give oursleves a fighting chance rather than a mountain to climb. 

Edited by birdman

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's out for tomorrow.

Your dad is a bare faced liar!

(obviously this is a joke)

Just phoned him to say I wish I was adopted. 

Seems a bit harsh now I've calmed down a little but I really wanted Watkins to play.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Great now we get to spend the next couple months listening to Smith each week say it's not a long term injury but won't play in the next game.

Nothing to worry about until Smith says the code words "We'll be guided by Ollie".

Then we can ring the alarm bells 😂

7 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Great now we get to spend the next couple months listening to Smith each week say it's not a long term injury but won't play in the next game.

Im surprised the conspiracy hasnt started that he is fit but has already agreed a transfer at the end of the season

I,m sure in the pre-season game he went off in he was holding the front of his thigh and the commentator said it was his quad muscle? So how long do those take? Maybe that will give us the truth rather than the twilight zone recovery room stories we always hear?

Not a long term injury.   Why even bother saying it Dean. Just say...we don't comment on injuries.

100% convinced he won't be back before the international break. What a shame for him as a great start to the season could have seen him take Kane's spot up front for England.

1 hour ago, useless said:

All summer long I've seen people suggesting that with the money we've spent we should be challenging for Europe, and now just because Watkins is going to miss a game we're suddenly going to struggle against Newcastle, something doesn't add up there, if we're expected to be a strong top half team then it should follow that we have a good chance against Newcastle with or without Watkins, especially when we have one of the division's better goalscorers in Ings to replace him.

Its not just Watkins though is it? It's Watkins injured, while Bailey isn't ready to start, Traore is out, Buendia not fully up to speed having been injured in pre season, Luiz barely back from the Olympics, Sanson injured/not fully fit. We are missing a fair few attacking and midfield options, and Ollie being out is a big blow as he does the work of 2 up there 

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bizarrely some poster kept saying Watkins wouldn't ever get injured 😂

Yeah he’s a bit quiet about this. I thought Ollies genetics meant he would never be injured yet we’ll be without him for a second game of two games at least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Can someone dig out the exact quotes please, I need the cheap thrill of watching someone else be confidently wrong 

He is the poster that is usually wrong a lot :D 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I,m sure in the pre-season game he went off in he was holding the front of his thigh and the commentator said it was his quad muscle? So how long do those take? Maybe that will give us the truth rather than the twilight zone recovery room stories we always hear?

Surprisingly, not much I can find online on recovery times for footballers with quad injuries. Seems like it can go from 1 week to over a month for a pulled quad depending on the severity of the injury according to one source.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

32 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't know why everyone suddenly seems to think this will be a repeat of Grealish's injury. Maybe he's just out for a couple of weeks and nothing more?

Now, I know you’re not new here… but this is Villa Talk, and we don’t take things at face value around here. Logical and rational thought isn’t welcome. There must be a secret, underlying reason for everything. 

My bet is that Watkins is disappointed that we signed Ings, especially as he never misses a game with injury. So he’s kicked off and refused to play. The only reason Smith isn’t saying this is because we’re in talks with Arsenal over his fee. As soon as that’s agreed, he’ll be gone. Some account on Twitter has already said that his house is up for sale. 

No wonder Wes Edens is trying to sell his stake to Barry Fry. 

;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Just phoned him to say I wish I was adopted. 

Seems a bit harsh now I've calmed down a little but I really wanted Watkins to play.

To be fair mate, its Ollie's fault as well. He should have been resting, not buying chandeliers and anglepoise lamps from Touchwood! 

• Like 1

I worry when Dean Smith goes from using a very specific medical term one week such as "bone bruise" to claiming that he doesn't know what's going on the next.

Case in point from the championship:

One week: "Player X has a stress injury". Next week: "The medical staff don't really know what the problem is".

A "bone bruise" isn't just a kick on your bone - it is a bone marrow lesion and normally when people get them at the knee, it is the result of an anterior cruciate ligament injury.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

It's almost like some of you are happy he is injured to prove a point.

You guys are mental.

It must be our genetics then.

We are just laughing at the bizarre claim to start with not that we are happy Ollie is injured. The two things are different.

• Like 1

Â