Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, turvontour said:

Hes absolutely knackered, those balls into him were just bouncing off. But fair play, he always carries a threat. Gutted that goal was taken off him.

His touch has been hit and miss all season. Has had some excellent games and a few poor ones, but mainly very positive.

How do people expect him to shine with aimless balls thrown up to him with no support. Created a goal that got us a point. 

Maybe while Jack is missing we should go 4-4-2 and give him someone to play off. It's not like the 2 wide men are on top of their game at the moment.

• Like 1

Full credit for getting that goal. Amazing that he managed that because he was dreadful otherwise.

No doubt Smith knows he needs a rest but we have nothing else at the moment.

33 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I love him but I still go all out to bring Tammy back in the summer and drop Ollie out wide in a 3. Brilliant most the  season. Absolute garbage tonight. 

I don't think he's anywhere near technically gifted enough to start games on the wing in the premier league. It can work in later stages of the game if we are lumping balls into the box and we bring on a target man, but that's really it. 

Shouldn't be having to fight that much to get sniffs of the ball, we should be supplying Watkins better.

If I had my way Ghazi and Trezegeut gone in the summer to make way for two Wingers who can service a lone striker with really accuracy and make crosses that actually go somewhere.

Great job Watkins but I'd be telling your Wingers to feed you much better..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

Shouldn't be having to fight that much to get sniffs of the ball, we should be supplying Watkins better.

If I had my way Ghazi and Trezegeut gone in the summer to make way for two Wingers who can service a lone striker with really accuracy and make crosses that actually go somewhere.

We need at least one if Jack stays and plays on the left. 

51 minutes ago, lexicon said:

May come as a surprise, but I actually think he needs a rest.

Two week break coming up for him, would be amazed if England call him up as he hasn't done that well in recent times (could understand it more for November games when he was in good form).

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It was almost Scott Hoganesque under Bruce tonight. Lad is getting pelters when 95% of his passes received where absolute punts around his neck and hips.

I agree. Think Giroud would've struggled to adequately hold up some of the stuff we were drilling right at him at 100mph and that's one of best hold up strikers in world football.

One little concern is to me Ollie struggles a bit against physical CBs which likes of Lascelles and Clark certainly are. He mentioned in interview a few weeks back he found Fofana toughest CB to play against earlier this season against Leicester so if I was CB I'd be knocking him about first 20 minutes and see if he stays in game. Just stand off him and he gets his shots away and not all of them hit the bar or post, some still go in.

We really need targetman option in squad next season as we go long so much when Jack isn't around so need to be ready for all options next season.

Â