The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

• 3 weeks later...

went to france on an exchange trip when i was a kid. parents were out first night and just got us a pizza in. cracking i thought...till it arrive with fried egg right in the middle of it. they love doing that over there.

15 hours ago, tomav84 said:

went to france on an exchange trip when i was a kid. parents were out first night and just got us a pizza in. cracking i thought...till it arrive with fried egg right in the middle of it. they love doing that over there.

Its definitely where I had if first too but I like it. It is a traditional Italian type of pizza though, Bismark, named after Otto Von Bismark (who had a love of eggs)

Circling this back to steak, I’d highly recommend using the reverse sear method. You need a good 1.5-2” steak to do it. It essentially involves cooking it on a very very low heat for about 20-40 mins and then sear the shit out of it on a tremendously hot skillet. That way you get the softening affect of sous vide but the steak comes out of the oven dry so you can get a seriously good crust on it and it’s more or less impossible to over-cook as you can take it out at your desired temp (medium rare for me) and blast it on the skillet so high that it won’t have time to continue to cook. 

• 1 month later...

When our kids were little there was one visit down to see the Devon branch of the family, when we went out for a carvery Sunday lunch. The girls with their Leeds accents had great problems trying to communicate to the serving staff that they wanted GREAAAH-VEH. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Was waiting in line at the Post Office and spotted this little beauty in the freezer. In a rush today so though why not. 

Probably needs some gravy 

Frozen full English breakfast branded 'monstrosity' by disgusted Brits -  Daily Star

That looks like a One pound eighty nine breakfast if ever I saw one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Was waiting in line at the Post Office and spotted this little beauty in the freezer. In a rush today so though why not. 

Probably needs some gravy 

Frozen full English breakfast branded 'monstrosity' by disgusted Brits -  Daily Star

fried potatoes have no place on a breakfast but that's the least of the problems with this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â