Jump to content

The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights


blandy
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

See the source image

i think that was actually a joke as part of a marketing campaign

but i am surprised no ones done it, cant be that hard to put mashed potato, carrots, peas, some kind of substance classified as meat, gravy in a tin

This always makes me feel a bit sick

You have been warned

Spoiler

Xd6CaNQ.jpg

 

  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, blandy said:

Does this help?

First one of the year & superbly cooked Haddock

9E79CA64-8C73-41E7-B15A-B16B5143F8FC.jpeg

 

Watch it, looks like you've got a Kestrel eyeing up your pickled onion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

When I was a lad I would often have a pickled egg from the chippy. 

I don't think I could even begin to think of eating one now. 

Then again that lad would probably be shocked to hear I love sprouts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

When I was a lad I would often have a pickled egg from the chippy. 

I don't think I could even begin to think of eating one now. 

Then again that lad would probably be shocked to hear I love sprouts. 

Could never bring myself to do it, 4 years working in a chippy, every break I could eat anything I wanted, home time I could take anything home that was left and yet I couldn't bring myself to try a pickled egg

Even ate a cockle (KW) but no way was I going for a pickled egg

You can add it to the list of things that we battered though when we were bored

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I really fancied fish and chips today (with curry sauce) but forced myself not to have it. I don't mind being a fat word removed, I just don't want to have to spend money on bigger jeans. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The cockney is partial to chips on a breakfast

 

 

image.jpeg

That to me is the differentiation between breakfast and an all day breakfast. Chips aren't acceptable on a breakfast plate but are on an all day breakfast. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


39 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The cockney is partial to chips on a breakfast

image.jpeg

Separation of beans. 10/10

Use of leaves and garden foliage 0/10

Chips on a breakfast 5/10

Overall - 5/10. Can do better. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Xela said:

I really fancied fish and chips today (with curry sauce) but forced myself not to have it. I don't mind being a fat word removed, I just don't want to have to spend money on bigger jeans

I have an alternative, if you're interested 😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Separation of beans. 10/10

Use of leaves and garden foliage 0/10

Chips on a breakfast 5/10

Overall - 5/10. Can do better. 

No bacon or black pudding

Don't get me wrong I'd eat it... But that's a terrible looking attempt at a fry up... And I bet they want £18 for it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Surely the only reason to save left over mashed potato is to fry it up for breakfast the next morning? 

Who has leftover mash in the morning? You mustn’t be making it correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â