The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

13 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Made one of these beasts yesterday. Cheesy meat loaf wrapped in bacon, no gravy

image.thumb.jpeg.03b7768f78c6964495553c110e3e2183.jpeg

Looks heavy. I'm sweating just looking at it. No doubt delicious though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Looks heavy. I'm sweating just looking at it. No doubt delicious though.

Very much so, hard work shifting and need to sit for a while after consumption, kids absolutely loved it 

18 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Don't take this the wrong way, each to their own culinary tastes etc, but that looks absolutely vile (to my eyes).I feel able to say this, in this support group, in a mutual sharing caring way, given all the grief I get for my fish with chips n' gravy.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

in most of the last day I've been searching for the right words to do this monstrosity justice, I don't believe they exist yet

Is it called Tarte à la crème de syphilis?

• Sad 1

On 13/01/2022 at 14:25, The Fun Factory said:

One thing you got to give to the scotch is the squared sausage invention. So much easier to cook. 

Not forgetting (and I know I'm going back a few pages here) the tatty scone. Found some in Tesco just before Christmas. Not as good as home-made but still pretty tasty.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I'm watching a Brazilian guy at work pour a tin of baked beans in to a sieve and run them under the tap to wash all the juice off 😮

Edit - whilst I eat a pot noodle, good to be back home 

Chicken & Mushroom?  If I have one of these I always add a few gravy granules for extra flavour 👍

37 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Chicken & Mushroom?  If I have one of these I always add a few gravy granules for extra flavour 👍

Sounds wise - they're gopping, the chicken and mushroom ones.

• Haha 1

I'm watching a Brazilian guy at work pour a tin of baked beans in to a sieve and run them under the tap to wash all the juice off 😮

'I tell you one thing: I’ve been to a parallel universe, I’ve seen time running backwards, I’ve played pool with planets, and I’ve given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I’d taste an edible Pot Noodle'

• Haha 3

He does know they’re just like cannellini beans right? That’s like buying pigs in blankets and putting the bacon in the bin because you only want the sausage.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

'I tell you one thing: I’ve been to a parallel universe, I’ve seen time running backwards, I’ve played pool with planets, and I’ve given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I’d taste an edible Pot Noodle'

Now kindly cluck off, before I extract your giblets and shove a large seasoned onion between the lips you never kiss with.

Just now, fightoffyour said:

He does know they’re just like cannellini beans right? That’s like buying pigs in blankets and putting the bacon in the bin because you only want the sausage.

Haricot not cannellini

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

Now kindly cluck off, before I extract your giblets and shove a large seasoned onion between the lips you never kiss with.

"Just a pot noodle. Oh - and I found a tin of dog food on the tool shelf.'

Misery hissed through Lister's gritted teeth. 'Well,' he said finally. 'Pretty obvious what gets eaten last. I can't stand pot noodles"

• Haha 1

Â