The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

id also seriously take a tinned all day breakfast on toast over that monstrosity 

Glad I wasn't alone in being reminded of this monstrosity 

image.png.d28306bf89819e3680e2ae903b6cf94d.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Where is the gravy?

See the source image

i think that was actually a joke as part of a marketing campaign

but i am surprised no ones done it, cant be that hard to put mashed potato, carrots, peas, some kind of substance classified as meat, gravy in a tin

On 13/01/2022 at 13:50, Follyfoot said:

Was waiting in line at the Post Office and spotted this little beauty in the freezer. In a rush today so though why not. 

Probably needs some gravy 

Frozen full English breakfast branded 'monstrosity' by disgusted Brits -  Daily Star

Good McGrath, no. Have a word.

• Like 1

It would look lovely on two plates and a tissue.

One plate for the delicious fish.

One plate for the delicious chips and gravy.

And the tissue to help the pickled nasty on its way to the bin.

if you had a dessert would you just squeeze it on next to the chips?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Part of it looks delicious. The fish looks fantastic. 

Usually when I go in to the chippy, it's late dinner time, on a Friday and the people doing the cooking are a happy bunch of Eastern European people. Today though for reasons that need to go in a different thread, it was gone half 3, so the fish was cooked by the grumpy (in comparison) Lancastrian who runs the place. It was perfect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Usually when I go in to the chippy, it's late dinner time, on a Friday and the people doing the cooking are a happy bunch of Eastern European people. Today though for reasons that need to go in a different thread, it was gone half 3, so the fish was cooked by the grumpy (in comparison) Lancastrian who runs the place. It was perfect.

When you order it, do you chuckle a little bit to yourself inside knowing that you'll be photographing the lot and whacking it on here?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

if you had a dessert would you just squeeze it on next to the chips?

After a repast like that, there's no need for pudding.

I almost never have pudding, anyway, but obviously, in the natural order of things I'd have scoffed the fish and chips and then the plate would have loads of room on it for my Black Forest Gateau with custard.

• Haha 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

When you order it, do you chuckle a little bit to yourself inside knowing that you'll be photographing the lot and whacking it on here?

I've not been photographing the last few, as I know there are some "delicate flowers" on here 😝

• Haha 4

Â