Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

If I was Wes I'd sack Smith and Terry now, at half time, I really would. We'd do better without them.

Start again with new people in the Champ. If we go down and Smith stays I'm gonna walk. I can't take it any more.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

It’s either a lack of heart or ability, but I think both. These bozo’s have the look of the shambles that went down 

I just text that to a mate at the game. It’s as bad now as it was when we went down. It’s bad to the point where you genuinely have to giggle to yourself. Listening to the commentary, they’re desperately trying not to mock us. We’re laughably bad all over the pitch. The midfield 3? I’d honestly have Glen Whelan in there ahead of any of the current incumbents. 

Its getting to the point where it’s almost impossible to put into words how bad defensively we are. And that’s not just the back 4. They’re terrible too but the 3 in front of them are nowhere near good enough for this division. Hell, they’ll struggle in the Championship. 

Dreadful. 

• Like 2

Have to get to a 4-4-2 asap, hoofball to Samatta on his own isn't working. 

El Ghazi for Elmo too, Davis for Hourihane at half time. Won't happen. We'll wait until 60 minutes before any sub is made and it will probably be Trezeguet coming on.

Also the defence from set pieces is shambolic. Can they pay Pulis or somebody like him to come in as a coach between now and the end of the season to sort that shite out.

Another horror show. Started brightly, but it seemed the players lost confidence to pass it quickly first time. They then began rushing things and ended up passing to players who had no passing options, as we were trying to move the ball too quickly from back to front. 

I'd like to see us stop the pressing in the second half, as it isn't working. Drop back, hold the shape and trust themselves to pass it first time. I'd also change the formation as Samatta is isolated. 4-4-2 with grealish as a support just behind. Stop lumping it long and actually marking someone on corners would be nice as well! 

Edited by Made In Aston

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

why doesnt that clown smith take the half time team talk on the pitch like Phil Brown. like he did on saturday. Proud with another defeat Deano?

Fake news

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Smith's insistence on what is basically three really wide strikers is almost as bad as our recruitment. It's killing us. Need bodies in the middle of the pitch.

Sorry, we have three bodies in the middle of the pitch and they're completely out of the game. We need wide men tracking back as that's where they're killing us - down the flanks. 

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Another horror show. Started brightly, but it seemed the players lost confidence to pass it quickly first time. They then began rushing things and ended up passing to players who had no passing options, as we were trying to move the ball too quickly from back to front. 

I'd like to see us stop pressing in the second half as it isn't working. Drop back, hold the shape and trust themselves to pass it first time. I'd also change the formation as Samatta is isolated. 2 strikers and Grealish behind. Width coming from the full backs. 

Totally this, players are hiding and when we've played well this season we've played with freedom. They are now shitting themselves.