48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Look at the performances, haven't played at 100% for a while now

We are safe, not going down, not getting europe

Happens to a few teams every season, we're done 

You're username says different!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Want to see him start over Elmo against Boggies.

Totally agree with this. I have rarely seen a more lethargic performance from the team, than what we witnessed last night. They looked dead on their feet. This kid could run all day long. Hopefully he would shame some of the others into upping their efforts!

21 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Want to see him start over Elmo against Boggies.

Yep

Elmo in his last couple of appearances showed a real reluctance to get up and down, probably can't do it anymore, defensively he was average but attacking he was poor, have to imagine / hope vs the baggies we see a lot of the ball and can push the full backs up, that's not elmo 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep

Elmo in his last couple of appearances showed a real reluctance to get up and down, probably can't do it anymore, defensively he was average but attacking he was poor, have to imagine / hope vs the baggies we see a lot of the ball and can push the full backs up, that's not elmo 

It was up rather than down - I think he's acutely aware that he hasn't got the legs for it and didn't want to get caught out. 

Even in his Heyday he wasn't the quickest. 

• Like 1

Surely he'd be making the bench if he was close to a league start? Ramsey was regularly makin the bench before we start giving him serious prem minutes.

We had four defenders on the bench last night and three of them are near certainties to leave in the summer (Taylor, AEM and Engles). I expect AEM to start on Sunday.

On 03/03/2020 at 10:33, Villan4Life said:

After going to the Villa U23 vs Reading U23 last night, 16 year old Kaine Kesler reminded me in style of play of a young Ashley Cole but on the right side! He has good potential!!! 

He was in my view Villa u23's best player on the pitch last night vs Reading and linked up really well with Tyreik Wright a number of times.

Kesler bombed forward whenever he could always trying to make things happen and looks to have a very good attitude too.

Definitely will be following how he does!

Has anyone else seen him play? thoughts

Can he defend, Chris?.....I am old school, I find it quite nifty for a full back.

I’m torn. On the one hand, he’s looked excellent this season, and Elmohamady looks spent at this level. On the other hand, it’s a difficult game to make your debut in, a derby. Although Ramsey made his debut at home to the Baggies, so who knows. 

Push comes to shove, I start Kesler. 

• Like 1

It'll be tricky for him - Elmo is nothing if not reliable - I think he'll be on the bench.

He's a huge talent, but still a little raw, he wants to play upfield whenever he can and he's excellent at it, but he needs that recovery pace sometimes to get him off the hook positionally when he's defending.

If he plays, I think a lot of people will be excited at how much potential he has, but I think Elmo has the edge at the moment purely because you know exactly what you'll get.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I’m torn. On the one hand, he’s looked excellent this season, and Elmohamady looks spent at this level. On the other hand, it’s a difficult game to make your debut in, a derby. Although Ramsey made his debut at home to the Baggies, so who knows. 

Push comes to shove, I start Kesler. 

yep I am similar, he will be targeted from the kick off with long balls and physical players on him by Allardici

I like Elmo but him playing means any small chance of us offering any attacking threat on the right is reduced to zero.

On 22/04/2021 at 19:30, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be tricky for him - Elmo is nothing if not reliable - I think he'll be on the bench.

He's a huge talent, but still a little raw, he wants to play upfield whenever he can and he's excellent at it, but he needs that recovery pace sometimes to get him off the hook positionally when he's defending.

If he plays, I think a lot of people will be excited at how much potential he has, but I think Elmo has the edge at the moment purely because you know exactly what you'll get.

On 22/04/2021 at 21:30, OutByEaster? said:

Agree with the sentiments and reasoning - I'd play him because I think we're in the position where we can take a risk. Our season is pretty much done, we're safe etc. - why not give him a shot?

• Like 1

One thing that he would bring is energy. He's an absolute road runner, he'll go up and down the right hand side all day and never seems to get tired.

It might be worth playing him for that.

I think with it being Albion and it being Big Sam, safety first Elmo will get the nod.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â