Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

56 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Good for him, although honestly hoped they'd get him a better team to play at , not a middling league 2 one. Good luck to him, hope he plays every minute of every game.

League 1 vs League 2 etc doesn’t make a lot of difference at his age at right back… just needs to scrap every week for a season.

Edited by Adam2003

Thought Swindon were still in a mess but they had a takeover last week so they should be in top 7 based on past history so could potentially be a good loan move for him. Looking forward to seeing how he does.

Think people need to calm down a bit though. Loads going on about throwing him straight into premier league if we get injury to Cash or even further forward yet we've sent him to league two. Dosen't strike me as immediate preparation for prem as facing likes of Son, Mahrez and errr Jack Grealish is a bit above that.

Perhaps next season he'll get a championship loan. Bit like say Spurs did with Kyle Walker. Sent him to QPR and then us in 2010/11 and then he was playing week in week out for Spurs the following season. Once a few of our young kids start getting those sort of loan moves that will suggest they're pretty close to our first team level.

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

League 1 vs League 2 etc doesn’t make a lot of difference at his age at right back… just needs to scrap every week for a season.

If people are calling for regular premier league minutes for him (given plenty were happy for us to just have him as backup once AEM went) I'd have expected a championship club to come in for him even if it's a lower end one so suggests he's still a fair bit off this level and I wouldn't disagree with the management. He is still very young of course so more likely next season he'll have a shot.

Anyone complaining that Swindon is too low a level, well it didn’t do Jack any harm at Notts County. A regular starting spot will do him the world of good, playing men’s football in a tough league, I believe he’ll shine there and come back better developed. Good luck!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Anyone complaining that Swindon is too low a level, well it didn’t do Jack any harm at Notts County. A regular starting spot will do him the world of good, playing men’s football in a tough league, I believe he’ll shine there and come back better developed. Good luck!

I was worried when I heard that he was going there not because of the level but because Swindon have been a shitshow for the last few years. Apparently they were taken over last week though so hopefully that'll settle things a bit there and he'll have a good spell.

• Like 3

People often casually suggest sending our academy players to championship clubs but it's not that easy because of how young they are and how little experience they have, Kesler Hayden hasn't even played for our first team Liverpool cup game aside and that's when we had no choice but to play a young team, so was always likely to be a League One or League Two side for him to begin with, and between the bottom two leagues I don't think there's much difference, most important thing is to send him where he will get game time and experience; we've got a call back option for January as well...

I think only a few of our youngsters would get a loan to the champions and a guarantee of game time, Chukwuemeka, Barry, and possibly Philogene-Bidace, and that's not a comment on the quality of our other youngsters just championship teams are less likely to want to take a risk on players that have only played U23 or U18 football...

Man United, Chelsea, Palace, Burnley, Newcastle, West Ham, Liverpool, Brighton, and ourselves have all got players on loan in League Two for the coming season.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Realistically, we couldn’t even break any of our academy players into the first team whilst in he Championship. That’s how difficult the league is.

Realistically the only academy players that could play in the Championship is JPB & Chukwuemeka.

• Like 2

Â