Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Very impressed watching him for the U18's. It's rare you see a player capable of pulling the strings from the right back position. 

Fingers crossed he progresses for us similar to Trent @ plop has (bar this season) should be getting mins here and there in the next 5 games 

• Like 1

I watched a bit of the first half of the Newcastle youth cup match and it looked like he was playing right wing, not right back.   On one occasion a deep, early cross came in from the left and he was the only Villa player in the box.

15 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I watched a bit of the first half of the Newcastle youth cup match and it looked like he was playing right wing, not right back.   On one occasion a deep, early cross came in from the left and he was the only Villa player in the box.

He switched the right back in the second half. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2021 at 19:19, Nigel said:

I'll be disappointed if he doesnt get a run out in either of these 2 dead rubber games now !

Might be a bit harsh to pitch him in to his first game against Son, Kane and Bale.

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Might be a bit harsh to pitch him in to his first game against Son, Kane and Bale.

Maybe, but he will be given leeway because of it. 

I think it could be a good time to be introduced tbh!

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Maybe, but he will be given leeway because of it. 

I think it could be a good time to be introduced tbh!

Sensibly he would be given leeway but some of the criticism of Ramsey makes me think he wouldnt

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Sensibly he would be given leeway but some of the criticism of Ramsey makes me think he wouldnt

Ramsey is a slightly different situation.

We all know these two games would be a free hit for a green kid. 

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bah, he’s already faced Salah, Mane and Minamino in the FA Cup! 

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He didnt play right back that game, was right wing

True. Okay: 

———Watkins———Traore/Wes

————————Jack

Targett——Luiz——McGinn——Kesler

——Mings——Hause——Konsa

That could be a fun side. 

• Like 1

Dean Smith on potentially giving debuts to younger players…

“It’s certainly difficult to manage because of the quality of the teams we’re playing.

“We’ve got some quality young players, probably tomorrow will be the best chance because come Sunday (against Chelsea) they’ve got an FA Youth Cup Final on the Monday. I’ll certainly want the players to play in that.

“It gives us an opportunity to look at things tomorrow, that’s for sure.”

Official site

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sensible. They'll be playing games between now and the final anyway, so having them in the match day squad tomorrow, where it is far enough away from the final not to directly impact their fitness, is a no brainer.

The game will be low pressure and low expectation, with a real chance to see how they cope in a proper game.

I'd be wary about using more than 2 though,  otherwise they aren't getting a fair chance playing with a near full strength first team.

For that reason, I'd give Kesler the starting right back slot, and look to bring on Carney later in the game, around the 60 minute mark.

Edited by MrBlack
Spelling

2 hours ago, Awol said:

True. Okay: 

———Watkins———Traore/Wes

————————Jack

Targett——Luiz——McGinn——Kesler

——Mings——Hause——Konsa

That could be a fun side. 

i quite like the look of the 3421 tbh:

Martinez

Konsa - Hause - Mings