Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

• 2 weeks later...

Think its time to have Kesler as no 2 behind cash from next week. Elmos finished here and wont  be around next season

Wish him well whwn Bruce signs him on a free but its time to start thinking about the future and kesler looks like he has massive potential 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Think its time to have Kesler as no 2 behind cash from next week. Elmos finished here and wont  be around next season

Wish him well whwn Bruce signs him on a free but its time to start thinking about the future and kesler looks like he has massive potential 

Does he? 

The few times I’ve seen the u23’s play there’s only really 2 players that have really stood out and he hasn’t been one of them.  I’d love all of them to do well and break in to the first time. But let’s be realistic, how often does it really happen?

56 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think Kesler has potential but would really benefit from a loan move. 

Id agree if we could loan him now...but as we cant lets at least have him in the bench as cover for  cash. Ww havw nothung to play for now so why not give him some game time?

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does he? 

The few times I’ve seen the u23’s play there’s only really 2 players that have really stood out and he hasn’t been one of them.  I’d love all of them to do well and break in to the first time. But let’s be realistic, how often does it really happen?

Thought he was one of the  better players vs livepool and looks giod jn the u23 games ive seen. (Granted thats only about 3 or 4) but i dont see the harm in giving him some game time if cash gets injured.

We need to show some faith in our kids.  Who was the last defender to make it here into the first team? Clark?

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

nothung to play for now

Of course we have stuff to play for....league position, bottom half v top half and if we win our game in hand we are only two points off 7th.  Yes we are in poor form but form changes on a dime for sometimes bizarre reasons.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Of course we have stuff to play for....league position, bottom half v top half and if we win our game in hand we are only two points off 7th.  Yes we are in poor form but form changes on a dime for sometimes bizarre reasons.

Players are gone, happens all the time, our season is over 

The difference between Kesler on the bench and elmo is not a lot

Same as always though the U23s play before the first team, if he plays 90 mins on Friday night can he make the bench on the Sunday? Other way round and I'd say yes, the PL need to address it, play the youth games after the 1st team games and you might see more youngsters on benches 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Look at the performances, haven't played at 100% for a while now

We are safe, not going down, not getting europe

Happens to a few teams every season, we're done 

We have 10 games left, league position is a key point to our ability to recruit players ie 12th vs 8th, bottom half vs top half. We are in poor form but whatever you think or perceive our season isn’t over and there is no way Smith, Management and Owners would accept that, there is too much at stake for us compared to normal mid table teams.  We have to get out of our poor form I get that but we are far from being done. I know you won’t agree but that’s life.

Kesler has been excellent for the last two or three games for the U23s, and was one of the more reliable and consistent performers before that. I'd be looking to have him on the bench perhaps in rotation with a few of our other youngsters instead of the likes of Elmohamady and Taylor.

Just now, nick76 said:

We have 10 games left, league position is a key point to our ability to recruit players ie 12th vs 8th, bottom half vs top half. We are in poor form but whatever you think or perceive our season isn’t over and there is no way Smith, Management and Owners would accept that, there is too much at stake for us compared to normal mid table teams.  We have to get out of our poor form I get that but we are far from being done. I know you won’t agree but that’s life.

Nothing to do with Smith 

Footballers are shirkers, they show it time and time again, if the manager is under pressure or the owner is shit or the season is winding down there is a drop off, we are not playing at 100%

They won't care about 12th or 8th or our summer recruitment drive 

Douglas Luiz for example, work rate and effort isn't want it was pre Xmas, Barkley is too obvious he knows he's finished here 

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Im not sure nick. Your of course right in theory but it just seems like its fizzled out. I think our aim now is top 10 finish 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Also to add nick we have city, liverpool united chelsea spurs and Everton  x 2 in these fixtures.

Id say there is little  to no hope of 7th orabove now

I agree but top ten 10 is key and a great selling point.  I think we’ll end up 9th to 11th but perception wise making 10th or above for recruitment says more progress potentially.  Who knows....each potential player will have their own idea what they want from a new club.

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree but top ten 10 is key and a great selling point.  I think we’ll end up 9th to 11th but perception wise making 10th or above for recruitment says more progress potentially.  Who knows....each potential player will have their own idea what they want from a new club.

9th would be a excellent season for us. Id be happy with that.  I think it will be more 12th

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

9th would be a excellent season for us. Id be happy with that.  I think it will be more 12th

I don’t think Palace or Wolves will overtake us so I think 11th will be the lowest.

Â