Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

Based on tonight's evidence, he's the one closest to the first team in the medium-term future. Energy, good positioning, able to press high up the pitch and turn the ball over, and he looks like he's developing a good physique.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Motm away at Palace tonight for the U23's.

This boy is a seriously talented footballer. 

Impressive to get that level of recognition as a right back at that level.  Its he purely a right back or can he play right wing? Or is he more a defensive type?

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, maqroll said:

He should be given his debut. Elmo is immobile.

There will be some on here more qualified than us (they've seen him more) to put forward this argument. Is he ready? Would he better than Elmo? I'm hoping some can answer @sir_gary_cahill, @OutByEaster?? We certainly lost alot of attacking impetus down the right without Cash.

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

There will be some on here more qualified than us (they've seen him more) to put forward this argument. Is he ready? Would he better than Elmo? I'm hoping some can answer @sir_gary_cahill, @OutByEaster?? We certainly lost alot of attacking impetus down the right without Cash.

It's a difficult choice - Elmo is experienced, he's mentally strong and whilst he was poor against Leicester, there's a degree to which that might have just been rust. Elmo has seen most everything and he's a solid bet. Kesler has energy, he gets up and down the field, he's dogged and he can defend - he's a talented boy - but at U23 level he's occasionally caught upfield, the wrong side of his man and he occasionally loses the ball trying ambitious things high up the pitch - at U23 level more often than not a combination of his pace and the players he's against mean he can get away with that, at senior level that'll be more difficult - I think he's got a big future, but if we bring him in now, we'll need to accept that future comes with some errors that might cost us a point or two here and there. You can argue that this is actually a very good time to do that; no fans, points on the board and so on and I think there's definitely an opportunity.

For me I think start Elmo in the next one and if he doesn't play well give Kaine a chance - but it'll come down to what the manager sees in training every day and the degree to which he wants to take risks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a difficult choice - Elmo is experienced, he's mentally strong and whilst he was poor against Leicester, there's a degree to which that might have just been rust. Elmo has seen most everything and he's a solid bet. Kesler has energy, he gets up and down the field, he's dogged and he can defend - he's a talented boy - but at U23 level he's occasionally caught upfield, the wrong side of his man and he occasionally loses the ball trying ambitious things high up the pitch - at U23 level more often than not a combination of his pace and the players he's against mean he can get away with that, at senior level that'll be more difficult - I think he's got a big future, but if we bring him in now, we'll need to accept that future comes with some errors that might cost us a point or two here and there. You can argue that this is actually a very good time to do that; no fans, points on the board and so on and I think there's definitely an opportunity.

For me I think start Elmo in the next one and if he doesn't play well give Kaine a chance - but it'll come down to what the manager sees in training every day and the degree to which he wants to take risks.

Judging by what you've said and with the way Leeds attack at pace, it might not be the best introduction. We cannot afford to leave space in behind (I particularly want to beat these). But, I think there is definitely a case to try him out, perhaps Sheffield United and Newcastle... Where the attack isn't quite so weighted would be good games to get him involved in. Thanks!

• Like 2

On 22/02/2021 at 11:02, Mjvilla said:

Judging by what you've said and with the way Leeds attack at pace, it might not be the best introduction. We cannot afford to leave space in behind (I particularly want to beat these). But, I think there is definitely a case to try him out, perhaps Sheffield United and Newcastle... Where the attack isn't quite so weighted would be good games to get him involved in. Thanks!

Yeah,  but if we play immobile Elmo then you're inviting then down that wing anyway, and they'll run past him almost as easily as running away from an out of position Kesler.

I am very concerned about Elmo playing this game,  especially so if Traore is going to be ahead of him. 

On 22/02/2021 at 02:34, maqroll said:

He should be given his debut. Elmo is immobile.

I think Elmo generally has been solid, but I'm torn on this. A kid could get the confidence knocked out of him if introduced too early.

At the same time if you're good enough, you're old enough.

Got to trust the management I guess.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2020 at 21:34, HanoiVillan said:

Based on tonight's evidence, he's the one closest to the first team in the medium-term future. Energy, good positioning, able to press high up the pitch and turn the ball over, and he looks like he's developing a good physique.

oh my heads having a wobble...Hallelujah, praise the Lord.

I remember a game at VP 2010-11 where we played bunch of kids against Man Utd and was about to win. Clark, Hogg, Bannan and ofcourse Albrighton who began playing earlier that season. Can’t remember who else played but that showed us that kids can be ready. Ramsey is doing good, Davis helped us when he was introduced. 
I don’t we think that we shall keep fearing giving kids chances. Leeds might be a bit tough but I’d start him against Sheff Utd.

Get him in.  He can't be worse than Elmo was against Leicester - slow and ponderous.  We are not getting relegated, let's give him some proper experience and see what he can do. 

If he does well, it might save us £20m in the summer/mean that we can focus on players in other positions?

• Like 2

Â