Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

he's a very attacking wingback. Doesn't get into crossing positions often but loves to get in the box. Crazy how many chances he gets a game. Would love him to get the Cash Understudy role, Maybe 1 season too early tho

No way is Kessler ready for Premier League football in 3 months time

15 minutes ago, thunderball said:

This is why Freddie is out on loan, getting his value up ready for sale so Kesler replaces Elmo next season?

I’d say possibly makes the bench in 15 months time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just came to post this too. Good work from the backroom team again.

5 years is a nice contract length, interesting that Preece says a breakout year for him, wonder if we'll see him in the cups and deputising Cash? (I.e. Fred being moved on). I love Fred but Kaine is obviously the longer term play, thought it would be a year or two away though with a loan somewhere, maybe not?

Carney next too ideally.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Amazing vote of confidence in the lad. They clearly think he's the bits.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got a year out on loan - hopefully at a Championship club, but with guaranteed (not literally) game time.

Think this is why Guilbert is back this year - the he'll he off I'm afraid. 

• Like 2

Said in the academy thread it shows his confidence in us too

I'd guess most youngsters don't sign a 5 year contract as a teenager because it limits the amount they'll earn when they've broken through and become a regular around 21, we could hold him to the same wage despite him playing at a different level

If he does we will reward him with a new deal, says to me that he buys in to that 

My worry about him going out on loan would be that he can play pretty much anywhere on the right, we need to be careful as to what we think he's good at, where he needs work in training 

Same as always with these youngsters balance between getting him games elsewhere and us coaching him to be the player that we want him to be and then if we offer him out on loan who actually comes in for him, looks to me like he'd suit a team that let's him play on the front foot 

I think Kesler is a big Villa fan so maybe more willing to sign a longer contract than others, he hadn't long signed his last deal which would have been his first professional contract but at the age of seventeen I think they're only allowed to sign a three year deal so we obviously wanted to tie him down for longer. Now that Barry has turned eighteen I wouldn't be surprised to see us offer him a longer contract as well, and hopefully Chukwuemeka when he turns eighteen.

2 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Amazing vote of confidence in the lad. They clearly think he's the bits.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got a year out on loan - hopefully at a Championship club, but with guaranteed (not literally) game time.

Think this is why Guilbert is back this year - the he'll he off I'm afraid. 

I'd say that's it in a nutshell and with any luck Freddie looks the business when he gets his chance and finds a good home.

• Thanks 1

On 06/07/2021 at 16:03, useless said:

Now that Barry has turned eighteen I wouldn't be surprised to see us offer him a longer contract as well, and hopefully Chukwuemeka when he turns eighteen.

I was right 🤝

• Like 1

The rag that is the Birmingham Mail included the clickbait headline: ‘Dean Smith has a special plan for Aston Villa wonderkid after key club decision’.

Now, I’m not going to link to the article — they’ve already had one too many clicks from me — but this is an example of the utter dire nature of sports journalism in 2021: the story is a recapitulation of various interviews about Kesler (mainly from Mark Delaney) finishing off with the factoid that Kesler has signed a five year deal: that’s it. The headline isn’t even a misrepresentation: it’s just a falsehood.

Anyway, this shouldn’t take the shine off a superb achievement for this young man. He looks the part and I hope we see him playing in some cup games, a the v least, this year. 

On 06/07/2021 at 14:22, VillaAlex said:

5 years is a bit vote of confidence for the lad.

It certainly is! AQlso, a vote of confidence in his ability to stay focused and hungry. A weaker minded kid might have his head turned by what is probably a very solid salary compared to almost anything else, making him unconsciously think that he's "made it".

Â