Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

Good move, whether or not he stays at the club for the remainder of the season. It was quite clear on Friday that he's now above L2 standard, he could fit in to a Championship team comfortably which would aid his development if required.

I think we will keep him at the club for the remainder of the season though, hopefully getting some minutes to show what he's about. Last game we had a 16 year old centre back as our only defensive cover on the bench, we had to address that in some way.

The exciting part about this is that Gerrard see's him as the future right back, something we have called for since last season.

• Like 1

I've just looked at this, I didn't quite realise that Swindon are 5th in the league.

I would feel sorry for them if he comes back and doesn't play now. It could hinder their promotion push massively.

Hoping we send Barry to them to help them in another way.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm not so sure, hopefully just being respectful to them but I hope we have a good plan for him as this is the only loan that was working

imagine the confidence this loan would've given him. OK, it's just league 2, but he was tearing it up. imagine he comes on for cash, has a dodgy game and hearing 40k groans at a misplaced pass?

i personally need convincing that this was a good decision

The Swindon forum is interesting.

It sounds as though the decision to bring him back to Villa had been made last week, we just allowed him to stay for the Man City game.

They also don't think he's ready for the Championship or PL yet; but all note that he's a quality player who isn't far away. Currently inconsistent, but very good on his day.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

The Swindon forum is interesting.

It sounds as though the decision to bring him back to Villa had been made last week, we just allowed him to stay for the Man City game.

They also don't think he's ready for the Championship or PL yet; but all note that he's a quality player who isn't far away. Currently inconsistent, but very good on his day.

Yeah came to post the same thing.

They knew about it yesterday on their forum. They believe recalls had to be done in the first 7 days of the window and so we made this decision prior to the City game.

Which is interesting as it means it wasn't based off of that performance and other clubs calling for a loan further up the pyramid.

Really pleased with this. He mixed it well with Jesus and KDB the other night, I’d have every confidence in him starting for us if Gerrard picked him. RB is one position we don’t have to worry about for a long time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

imagine the confidence this loan would've given him. OK, it's just league 2, but he was tearing it up. imagine he comes on for cash, has a dodgy game and hearing 40k groans at a misplaced pass?

Even if he stayed out on loan and came into our first team next season, he's bound to have a dodgy game and he will get the groans, it's inevitable. So, whether that happens now or in a years time it'll still feel the same, it's just how he deals with it, no amount of minutes in a lower league will prep him for that. 

• Like 1

The reality that no one knows what will be best for his (or any other player’s) development, not even the professionals. There will always be different scenarios that work out one way or the other for every kid along with good or bad luck affecting their progression.

Gerrard clearly wants to have a look at the whole academy personally and has recalled basically everyone, which is fair enough. Kaine might be sad to leave Swindon because he’s doing well and getting minutes there, unlike most of the other loans, yet bringing him back here to be coached by our staff or to get in and around the first team or to go out on loan again at a higher level could end up being better for him than staying there. Or it might not but we’ll never know that either way, so let’s just trust in the process for now.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

i hope he hasnt come back to play second fiddle and get limited game time.

Hopefully he is going back out to a Champ or L1 club for regular game time, or maybe he can challenge for the first 11?

I hope he doesnt just sit on the bench here........wont be good for his development.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Imagine he comes on for Cash and scores a last minute, winner. Try looking on the bright side.

• Like 1

Â