WAHEY! It's a JOKE thread : Enter at your own risk.

villadude

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

The whole film is about the concept of conflicting reports from different viewpoints innit.

Ah, OK. Haven't seen it. Which is perhaps surprising. Must put that right. 

You'll probably be less surprised to know that I had to Google the Robocop/Schrödinger one. I know about Schrödinger's cat, but I've never seen Robocop.

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ah, OK. Haven't seen it. Which is perhaps surprising. Must put that right. 

You'll probably be less surprised to know that I had to Google the Robocop/Schrödinger one. I know about Schrödinger's cat, but I've never seen Robocop.

You really should.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I love Robocop.

Hey, I see that misquoting!

If you can stomach a bit of violence, Robocop is one of the best films of the 80s. Solid satire and really entertaining with a pumping theme tune. What's not to love.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rolta said:

If you can stomach a bit of violence, Robocop is one of the best films of the 80s. Solid satire and really entertaining with a pumping theme tune. What's not to love.

Paul Verhoeven has a special genius for making films that take the piss out of the US while disguising them as big budget action films beloved by the type of people who chant ‘USA! USA!’ at a political rally 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Paul Verhoeven has a special genius for making films that take the piss out of the US while disguising them as big budget action films beloved by the type of people who chant ‘USA! USA!’ at a political rally 😁

Absolutely. 

Anyone taking Starship Troopers at face value needs to go back for a rewatch 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Rolta said:

I asked my dad to rent out Robocop for me when I was about 9.  He thought it was a kids film about robots and got it for me. Guess he hadn’t grasped what certificate 18 meant. 

I enjoyed it a lot :)

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 20/12/2022 at 11:25, GarethRDR said:

This is superb, and has reminded me of one of my faves:

Werner Heisenberg, Erwin Schrödinger and Georg Ohm are speeding down a quaint rural straße, when they are pulled over by the Polizei.

The officer approaches Heisenberg - the driver - and asks him "Do you know how fast you were going?".

"No, but I know exactly where I am", Heisenberg replies.

"You were going 80kph in a 50kph zone...."

Heisenberg throws up his hands and exclaims "Thanks, now I'm lost!".

The officer, his suspicions aroused, requests that they pop the trunk.  He examines the contents and asks "Hey, did you know you have a dead cat back here?"

"Well we do now!" cries Schrödinger.

Having had enough, the officer moves to arrest the party.

Ohm resists.

Yeah I heard that Peter Kay does that joke before his garlic bread routine.

• Haha 1

Couple in bed one night. Wife turns to husband and says 'What time is it?' Husband says 'Don't know, pass me the trombone'. Husband gives 3 blasts on trombone,and someone in the street yells out , 'Who is playing the trombone at nearly 2.am'.

• Haha 2

I said to the missus cheerily "I bet you could wrap Christmas presents with your eyes closed by now?"...

"I probably could." she laughed.

"Great” I said “I'll just go and get yours.”

• Haha 1

Â