WAHEY! It's a JOKE thread : Enter at your own risk.

villadude

My 18-year-old son won £21 million pounds on the lottery last week, I tried to ring him to congratulate him but he didn't want anything to do with me.

His foster parents must have raised him to be a right prick.

• Haha 3

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Brits, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story was published in the New York Times:

"American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 100 years earlier than the British".

One week later, the Irish Department of Agriculture reported the following:

"After digging as deep as 30 feet in Ireland Pat Kelly, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely feck all. Pat has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Ireland had already gone wireless!!"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Brits, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story was published in the New York Times:

"American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 100 years earlier than the British".

"After digging as deep as 30 feet in Ireland Pat Kelly, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely feck all. Pat has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Ireland had already gone wireless!!"

Reminds me of the one about the rumour that copper wire was invented in Scotland by two men fighting over a penny.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Flanagans Internet Cafe

Reeling In The Years – 1934: Flanagans Internet Cafe

8c15e6b03035aa7e05434df767aca638.png

Because of his crackpot business ideas, Thomas Flanagan was regarded as ‘a mad-man ahead of his time’.

His ‘Internet Cafe’ venture was not only unheard of, it made absolutely no sense to the people of Waterford.

Thomas spent hours trying to explain to people that one day a global system of interconnected computer networks will use a standard Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP) and will serve billions of users worldwide.

He struggled to describe it as a network of networks that will consist of millions of private, public, academic, business, and government networks, of local to global scope, that would one day be linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless and optical networking technologies.

After four long weeks of ‘cold calling’ potential clients and pitching ‘bizarre photocopying tariffs’ to local business men, Mr. Flanagan was finally arrested for harassment and sent to the local mental institution for an evaluation.

Little did he know at the time that he was the first Internet cafe owner in the whole world, but also the first frontal lobotomy patient to be ever treated in Europe.

• Haha 2

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

I read that Steve Gerrard is bookies favourite to be manager of Poland. I thought fair play, he could be good. Then I read it again and realised it said Poland not Poundland 

Reminded me of an old one 

My mate called me and said he was in Asda and had seen my name on a loaf of bread, then realised it said Thick Cut 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

A couple of cows were smoking weed and playing poker

the steaks were high

Did they put any milk in the pot? 

Edited by El Zen

Â