Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

maybe but was more to the fact that people saying he would get more minutes here. Archer is who the fans want to see play and the last manager gave him nothing in game time and would probably be the same for Chuk

Comparing apples and oranges for me, Archer isn't being touted as one of the world's best youth players.

Carney got, considerably, more minutes than players in his age range last season (under 19) and 3rd of all players under 20.

He is currently 13th in his age range (under 20) and incrementing a year up is 27th of all players under 21.

Edited by penguin

On 13/11/2022 at 12:30, mikeyp102 said:

He’s obviously very talented, but I think the biggest let down in his play is off the ball. 

Which is disappointing, as most of his season has been spent off the ball.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Another what could have been.

He has gone from being a first teamer who was on the verge of starting games to bench warmer not playing.

Genius move 😂

Such a stupid move. Bet he realises it now 

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He'll have to cry into his bed of cash.

Might cost him in the long run. If his career fizzles out.

Villa also offered him big money to him to continue his development.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Such a stupid move. Bet he realises it now 

Probably not, I'm a firm believer that football players are in denial about the mistakes they make. 

Jack for example would never admit or even consider the move to City hasn't worked out. 

He's actually been out injured and only returned to training earlier this month, he will either get in the Chelsea first team squad or be sent out on loan and get first team football that way, there will be plenty of takers.

Carney has got an age to get himself ready for the Chelsea first team. Gallagher is not far off 23 years old. 

What he has done is destroy any chance of being a wonder kid by moving there . He is a rare talent but that talent will not be visible any more.

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I wonder what wages they threw at him. Still cant believe we got £20m for him

We didn’t get £20m. We only got that much if he became a first team regular but it doesn’t look like we’ll see that money. 

Â