Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm sure they told him this prior to signing, an I guess he didn't care, as he was taking a bigger salary and signed to a big 6 club.

Big 6 reserve player

Worst that can happen to him is he'll be called up to the England u21s ready for next summers tournament regardless of playing time and then in 3 years time even if he's never kicked a ball for them they'll sell him for £20m to a lower half of the table PL team, Palace will get the best out of him 

Best that can happen to him is he'll break through next year when they let Kante and jorginho go on a free 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm sure they told him this prior to signing, an I guess he didn't care, as he was taking a bigger salary and signed to a big 6 club.

It's no different to Izzy Brown when he left West Brom to join Chelsea at 16 or 17.

Think he had a few injuries and just bobbed around championship teams endlessly.

I think Carney will get chances perhaps in 12 months but he's going up v established world class players so bit deluded if he really did think that.

That said surprised this thread is getting bumped every time he dosen't feature, it's hardly like Grealish being left on bench at times for Man. City given he's way more advanced in his career.

• Like 1

Not many players get into England U21s unless they're playing first team football somewhere, I can't think of any examples, Aaron Ramsey got a call-up because of other players having to withdraw, but he didn't play, it was more a younger promsing player going for the experience type thing.

Chukwuemeka more than capable of playing at that level but probably won't get picked if he's still playing for Chelsea U21s, in fact if he's playing for Chelsea U21s and Ramsey is playing in the Championship then he would have a better chance of getting in than Chukwuemeka does.

It's Irrelevant anyway as Chukwuemeka will either be playing for Chelsea's first team or on loan somwhere soon enough, at which point he will prove to be more than good enough for England U21s.

Ramsey, Kesler-Hayden, and Philogene all got a chance of getting in as well if they do well in the championship, Iroegbunam too if he goes out on loan and does well, even more so if stays with us and breaks into our first team.

On 27/08/2022 at 18:07, Xela said:

It was never about game time was it? It was about saying you play for Chelsea, even if you are not in the squad. 

Did he ever say it was about game time? It’s not like he’d have got much more here. 

On 29/08/2022 at 18:06, Spoony said:

Did he ever say it was about game time? It’s not like he’d have got much more here. 

Yeah only got more Premier League minutes than any player under 19 last year and 3rd of all under 20.

Yet this nonsense continues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, penguin said:

Yeah only got more Premier League minutes than any player under 19 last year and 3rd of all under 20.

Yet this nonsense continues.

Fine, but equally I’m not sure he ever said moving was about game time. Train at Chelsea under Tuchel or Villa under Gerrard? Know what I’d pick…

Will be interesting to see how the next year goes for him in comparison to Ramsey who is pushing to be a regular starter for Norwich and Tim at QPR who could also find regular football. 

Harvey Vale another of the England side has also gone to Hull. Dane Scarlett is already banging in goals for Portsmouth as well.

On 27/08/2022 at 18:07, Xela said:

It was never about game time was it? It was about saying you play for Chelsea, even if you are not in the squad. 

I don't believe this to be honest.

I've said it before, but footballers will back themselves to get into teams. There's no way (or at least it's very rare) footballers get a move to a big team like Chelsea and not back themselves to break into the team.

They might think it'll be difficult, but I don't think footballers are ever happy to go somewhere and sit on the bench. At least footballers young enough to have their career ahead of them.

• Like 1

Screenshot-2022-09-12-13-55-50.png

Hasn't exactly been a positive presence on their bench... I'm not saying it's his fault that they only games they've lost are also the only games he has been on the bench, but I am thinking it loudly...

7 minutes ago, YLN said:

Screenshot-2022-09-12-13-55-50.png

Hasn't exactly been a positive presence on their bench... I'm not saying it's his fault that they only games they've lost are also the only games he has been on the bench, but I am thinking it loudly...

Right now he is a no-one in the greater world of football. He may be very good in the near future, he could be great. But we basically took their pants down for the £20mil. 

• 4 weeks later...
Â