Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

• 2 weeks later...

Was there much reaction when his name was read out/warmed up or have people already forgotten he exists?

I actually think if he'd stayed he'd have got 4-5 starts in the league for us and regular sub cameos.

Still young of course but that's a hell of a Chelsea central midfield to break into when you think Jorginho was on the bench and Kante is injured.

Edited by VillaChris

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Jorghino and Kante are both out of contract next summer and expected to leave, so is ziyech and zakaria was a complete waste of time

So that just leaves Mount, kovacic, RLC and Gallagher

Forgot Gallagher. He might not make it at Chelsea in the long run but you're talking about guy who's got 150 + senior appearances across three divisions and many caps for England under 21s.

Mount has his critics but again established senior player now.

Said before but Declan Rice to Chelsea is nailed on sooner or later, just feels obvious and Chelsea will have flexibility with wages if they move on at least one of those two you mentioned.

So he'll still be in contention with Kovacic who's a top level player and Gallagher. And Potter will probably want someone else to compete with them.

He'll be playing on loan in Bundesliga next season I reckon.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was there much reaction when his name was read out/warmed up or have people already forgotten he exists?

I actually think if he'd stayed he'd have got 4-5 starts in the league for us and regular sub cameos.

Still young of course but that's a hell of a Chelsea central midfield to break into when you think Jorginho was on the bench and Kante is injured.

Cameron Archer has played 20 minutes this season..no way Carney is getting 4-5 starts under Gerry

• Like 1

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Jorghino and Kante are both out of contract next summer and expected to leave, so is ziyech and zakaria was a complete waste of time

So that just leaves Mount, kovacic, RLC and Gallagher

I wonder if they'd try to bring Gilmour back too? The only reason his move to Brighton happened was because Potter wanted him, he might rate him enough to go for him again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I wonder if they'd try to bring Gilmour back too? The only reason his move to Brighton happened was because Potter wanted him, he might rate him enough to go for him again.

He can't get in the Brighton team, he's a long way off Chelsea.

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He can't get in the Brighton team, he's a long way off Chelsea.

The point was more that he only moved because of Potter who promised him first team football, but then was there for 1 game before Potter went the other way, if Potter rates him he might want Chelsea to bring him back, which would be another player inbetween Chukwuemeka and the Chelsea first team.

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Got some minutes today.

Was involved in the move which resulted in a penalty.

Was also standing around like an autograph hunter during the injury time pressure United put Chelsea under … which was also the reason why (imo) he didn’t get more game time at Villa , he’s all round game isn’t good enough for the Prem league at the moment 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/10/2022 at 23:34, tonyh29 said:

Was also standing around like an autograph hunter during the injury time pressure United put Chelsea under … which was also the reason why (imo) he didn’t get more game time at Villa , he’s all round game isn’t good enough for the Prem league at the moment 

Not made a match day squad since this 10 minute cameo. 

Such a waste 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

Not made a match day squad since this 10 minute cameo. 

Such a waste 

But he gets to wear a Chelsea training kit every day rather than a Villa one

I hope he misses the U21 tournament next summer, that's a big one imo that's the natural progression from this summer where he was the stand out for the u19s and him not getting a sniff at it says to me he's falling behind, would be even better if Tim or Aaron do sneak in

That said it's England and we all know training for the top 6 is better than playing for the other 14

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who would have thought carney thought he was better than he actually was

Alot to criticise gerrrad on but carney isnt one of them

Carney could still be a top player, probably made a bad decision and had some bad luck with the manager change. Best thing for him would be a loan move, would have to be to a championship team, lower end one as well. 

When he had his appearance for Chelsea he had to make a very good impression, he never did that for us and he had more than a few opportunities, he won't get that many at Chelsea, maybe one more if he's lucky.

He's delayed his career by 2 seasons. I wonder how strong he is mentally, he's going to need to be strong as skill and ability are not enough to make it. 

• Like 1

Â