Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

He's delayed his career by 2 seasons. I wonder how strong he is mentally, he's going to need to be strong as skill and ability are not enough to make it. 

I'd agree with that

He is a quality youngster and he will make it as a PL player but he's changed his trajectory, he'd have been the next JJ at villa, at Chelsea who knows

19 minutes ago, tinker said:

Carney could still be a top player, probably made a bad decision and had some bad luck with the manager change. Best thing for him would be a loan move, would have to be to a championship team, lower end one as well. 

When he had his appearance for Chelsea he had to make a very good impression, he never did that for us and he had more than a few opportunities, he won't get that many at Chelsea, maybe one more if he's lucky.

He's delayed his career by 2 seasons. I wonder how strong he is mentally, he's going to need to be strong as skill and ability are not enough to make it. 

I bet he becomes a average player at best at PL if i was a betting man. He rarely did it for us, and wont get many opportunities at chelsea. So needs to take them.

He totally has shoved his career down the toilet. Another player that has probably ruined his career with bad decision making

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I bet he becomes a average player at best at PL if i was a betting man. He rarely did it for us, and wont get many opportunities at chelsea. So needs to take them.

He totally has shoved his career down the toilet. Another player that has probably ruined his career with bad decision making

But he's getting paid stupid money to do the same thing he was doing at Villa for less money so financially it's paid off.  Career wise, it's too early to tell.

Edited by dubbs
  • Like 2

He has just turned 19 . Lets see if he makes it. He still is a huge talent . Just like Jack all the disappointment has cooled down for me now.

The way i look at it he paid for Gerrard to be sacked and Emery to be appointed. So happy days !!

Our current first choice midfield 3 so i reckon are 21 22 and 24 respectively.

And Tim the way he is going will be added to that next season alongside Dendocker. 

So no chance of him breaking into that midfield 🤣

If you look at the positives it was a good move for us and him . 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 2

Ninety-seven percent of players that come through top academies never play a minute of top flight football, so if Chukwuemeka can make it as a Premier League footballer, even just an average one, that's an achievement in of itself, he's already achieved what most don't achieve and will have been rewarded financially for it.

Haven't really been following his situation this season, but seems he came on in a game last month did well impressed the Chelsea fans who were then calling for him to start ahead of either Loftus-Cheek or Havertz but then he got injured and has been out since, so he's been a little unlucky in that sense.

He's got nothing to lose really, either will make it at Chelsea, or if not because will still be seen as a player with big potential will get a decent move to another decent sized club.

It's not as if he will waste away in Chelsea reserves forever, if he doesn't break into their team they will just send him out on loan at a decent level.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Who would have thought carney thought he was better than he actually was

Alot to criticise gerrrad on but carney isnt one of them

Has played 8 more Premier League minutes this season than Archer 

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

But he's getting paid stupid money to do the same thing he was doing at Villa for less money so financially it's paid off.  Career wise, it's too early to tell.

I do believe dubbs he would have got more game time here than he has at chelsea. Money talks we all know it does. 

Whats also telling is chelsea have been pretty hopeless yet he still can't get a look in.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I do believe dubbs he would have got more game time here than he has at chelsea. Money talks we all know it does. 

Whats also telling is chelsea have been pretty hopeless yet he still can't get a look in.

That and the fact Potter actually rotates heavy , Lewis Hall (18) started yesterday and Armando Broja has featured heavily and he looks hopeless. It’s been a sideways move in terms of playing time for Carney. 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whilst I agree it's a possibility he might have got more game time here, our midfield is currently stacked so it's also possible he'd be in the same situation here.  The next 12 months should be a good indicator of how his career well go.  

Did we manage to sack his brother off?

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Chuk was seen as having a far higher ceiling than Archer 

maybe but was more to the fact that people saying he would get more minutes here. Archer is who the fans want to see play and the last manager gave him nothing in game time and would probably be the same for Chuk

• Like 1

Did he pick up a knock as he was making the bench regularly, came on with half an hour left in one game and hasn't been seen since?

Chelsea started a 19 year old yesterday so not like Potter won't throw in a youth if he deems them ready.

Pretty sure bet he'll be loaned out in January anyway.

Â