Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Just now, Lupinthe5th said:

Tim Iroegbunam is ahead of him in terms of development right now in my humble opinion. Carney was far ahead 6 months ago but he's stalled. 

6 months ago I thought he'd have a genuine chance of sneaking in to the u21 tournament next summer, he was outgrowing the u19 team and would step up

Not now

Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey, and Iroegbunam will probably all play in the U20 World Cup in the summer, all good enough for the U21s though. Tommi O'Reilly emerging as well, if he goes out on loan and does well he could come into contention, that's presuming he wants to play for England, I suspect if he was going to play for Ireland he would have already had a call-up.

12 hours ago, useless said:

Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey, and Iroegbunam will probably all play in the U20 World Cup in the summer, all good enough for the U21s though. Tommi O'Reilly emerging as well, if he goes out on loan and does well he could come into contention, that's presuming he wants to play for England, I suspect if he was going to play for Ireland he would have already had a call-up.

Despite training with Ireland he is not actually eligible it turned out.

29 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

I can't help but feel that those stating that he has wrecked his career haven't watched him very much, particularly against his peers.

He'll go on to have a fabulous career assuming injury doesn't ruin him.

He missing something for me. 

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's a very good young player who will go on to have a very good career. 

I don't worry about him.

There are lots of very good young players who don't go on to have very good careers. This is a wasted year for him. It will be interesting to see what happens next for him  It doesn't take much to completely derail a career at a young age.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

I can't help but feel that those stating that he has wrecked his career haven't watched him very much, particularly against his peers.

He'll go on to have a fabulous career assuming injury doesn't ruin him.

He won't get to play against his peers, he's moved to a club who's not going to play him. His best hopes to play is loan out. I doubt it will happen this season, so that's next season and it won't be to a Premier league team, championship and that's another season gone. He was playing Premier league football at villa, he hasn't wrecked it but he's damaged the  chances of making it.

He's only just turned nineteen, he will still be nineteen at the start of next season, so even if he was to go on loan to the Championship he would still be playing at a good level for his age, and would be getting regular football at an higher level than most other nineteen year olds, the likes of Mount, Tomori and Abraham were older when they went to the Championship, it's also why I feel some don't appreciate just how well Iroegbunam is doing, and Aaron Ramsey to an extent as well.

Besides I think he would more likely go on loan to another Premier League club or to a team in Europe than go to the Championship.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tinka said:

He won't get to play against his peers, he's moved to a club who's not going to play him. His best hopes to play is loan out. I doubt it will happen this season, so that's next season and it won't be to a Premier league team, championship and that's another season gone. He was playing Premier league football at villa, he hasn't wrecked it but he's damaged the  chances of making it.

His peers being his age group over the years, u18, u21 rather than comparing him against top level Premier League stalwarts and Internationals.

He's smashed everyone up at age group, even when playing 3 or 4 years above himself and made a good account of himself in his Premier League cameos.

In terms of ability and other than Jack and his maverick status, he is the best player we have produced for years and years, perhaps ever. It will always hurt that he left but don't be fooled into thinking that he is anything but top drawer 

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Zero minutes for Chuck your career away agin today in the bench

Its his first game back from injury since October

The obsession from some Villa fans about him not playing is weird when Archer has had little minutes this season which sort of proves he was right for moving on

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its his first game back from injury since October

The obsession from some Villa fans about him not playing is weird when Archer has had little minutes this season which sort of proves he was right for moving on

Another pointless post

Â