Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I feel like that’s the case. Especially with the five subs. That might have been one of the reasons why we agreed to the change. 

I think he'll fancy that challenge as well. He'll get every cup game and probably 8/9 starts due to injury in the league. Then there will be the minutes from the bench too. 

I can't see how Bailey fits in at all tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he'll fancy that challenge as well. He'll get every cup game and probably 8/9 starts due to injury in the league. Then there will be the minutes from the bench too. 

I can't see how Bailey fits in at all tbh. 

Competition. Gerrard said when he had Coutinho and Bailey in the team, one player was more central the other more wide. So Bailey being allow to make the runs wide. left or right. I think he deserves to have a full pre season and be fully fit. 

Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey are the three 10s. Sure Carney can play there too, but he's more an 8.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Coutinho, Carney, Dougie and Kamara sorted and signed before the window opens would be nice 😂

Is Kamara actually a serious link? Would be an amazing pick up. 

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Well SG, Lange and Purslow where all over watching Marsielle the other week, they could have been scouting a different player but if it was for Kamara then all three being there shows serious intent.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Purslow, Lange and Gerrard were all pictured in the stands at a Marseille game so it's about as close as we'll ever get to being certain of some interest.

It is possible they were there for someone else (Caleta-Car) but it's a strong bet that we hold ayleast some level of interest in Kamara

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Sounds a lot more positive than previous comments

Yeah sounds like he's getting to that contract, SG would look a bit of a mug if he was saying this knowing the contract was off the table

Do we think in the longer term that Ramsey and Carney could work as the two number 8s alongside a DM, or would they be in competition with each other over that 'most advanced number 8' role?

Just now, Jareth said:

Yeah sounds like he's getting to that contract, SG would look a bit of a mug if he was saying this knowing the contract was off the table

Not off the table but sounds like it's far from done.

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Do we think in the longer term that Ramsey and Carney could work as the two number 8s alongside a DM, or would they be in competition with each other over that 'most advanced number 8' role?

I think he needs to play as an 8 for now. 

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

A midfield three with Carney and Ramsey in it would be extremely attack minded. In Gerrard’s system with a back four and  full-backs attacking, the midfield would probably have to be quite defensive. The current midfield with McGinn and Ramsey is a bit too attacking as it is IMO.

• Like 1

I read the deal we’ve offered him is £30k a week over 5 years. Games gone when an 18 year old who has literally done nothing isn’t walking over broke glass to sign it. 

• Like 3

That's from a tweet by that 'Villamole' ' / 'Thatcherlover' who's extremely unreliable to say the least, never mind 'fake ITK' comes across as a some sort of compulsive liar.

1 hour ago, WHY said:

I read the deal we’ve offered him is £30k a week over 5 years. Games gone when an 18 year old who has literally done nothing isn’t walking over broke glass to sign it. 

Don't belive everything you read on the Internet. Especially if it's from an account called villamole

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Not really

Means in theory that if villa are absolute bastards or if he doesn't develop like we all think he will then when he's 23 he could be "stuck" on £30k

Also add the current rate of inflation in football and then when he's sat on the bench next season if we sign 2 midfielders a CB and a striker he looks to his left and sees mcginn, konsa, looks to his right and sees Luiz, Ings and Watkins his £30k will look paltry compared to their wage yet he has the same role as them

Look at Moriba at barca who we were linked to wanting £150k a week to stay there, sounds stupid but the rest of the squad are all on £200k a week plus so of course he wants similar 

The shit thing about it for me is villa have shown with a lot of players under this regime that they will reward players with new contracts long before its due, if he signs at £30k now and is first choice at 21 then I've got no doubt that like Ramsey we will reward him as such but I doubt he or his agent believes that 

Â