Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here’s a mad idea, could he play as a deep lying playmaker? 

I think he’s got all the tools. Strong, Athletic, very good on the ball and can move out of difficult situations. 

Im probably being stupid. 

No

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Incidentally, Ginter is represented by USM (not Carter) and now the cynic in me wonders if we did Salthouse another favour in helping him get a better contract at Freiburg, so is Dwight McNeil while we're at it, another we've been linked with for very large numbers.

I might start a thread.

I dont think Ginter is getting a big contract at Freiburg, he has turned down Inter and Bayern as Freiburg is his home town team

• Like 1

He's not really suited to playing as a deep lying playmaker as his long range passing is not something he's known for, and it would be waste of all the things he is known for such as carrying the ball, dribbling, close control, creativity, link up play, goal threat, and so on, basically skills you'd want in the final third causing the opposition problems.

Iroegbunam is more someone that could develop into a deep playmaker, he already has elements of one now, his long range passing at times can be exquisite, albeit hasn't showed that side of his game at first team level yet, maybe when he gets more confident.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here’s a mad idea, could he play as a deep lying playmaker? 

I think he’s got all the tools. Strong, Athletic, very good on the ball and can move out of difficult situations. 

Im probably being stupid. 

No way. Hes a driver with the ball Now Tommi O Reilly. Thats a different matter. He is a playmaker . 

Thought he excellent in his half hour. I don’t know where this is breaking down but we need to be more aggressive and pull out the stops to keep him. He plays in Dortmund or Bayern’s midfield in a year or two. I don’t say that flippantly. I CAN see what all the fuss is about. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Thought he excellent in his half hour. I don’t know where this is breaking down but we need to be more aggressive and pull out the stops to keep him. He plays in Dortmund or Bayern’s midfield in a year or two. I don’t say that flippantly. I CAN see what all the fuss is about. 

I think this is why he came on in the 2nd half. SG is going to try to keep him happy.

Didn't think at the time that the Chuck sub was the wrong one, I was quite pleased and thought it was a good offensive move, shame it coincided with Thiago coming on, had Thiago come on earlier maybe Gerrard would have thought about delaying that one

He's 18 with barely any experience and he looks up to the challenge. 

The issue is what sort of club are we right now? Do we have the patience to give young kids plenty of opportunities? I think We're seriously pushing for a European spot and will invest in the midfield. Carney is going to find it difficult to play as much as he wants right now. 

I seriously hope we don't lose him though.

I think we'll start him against Palace. He's had two promising sub appearances in a row, and we've not got much riding on the game, whatever the official message about our goals for the last few games. He offers something different, tries things and is brave and direct. 

I've said it several times before in this thread, but it would be a huge blow for our model of having a great academy and providing routes to the first team if the best prospect were to leave. He's started to hold up his end of the bargain on the pitch, we need to find a way to hold up our end. 

• Like 1

He can receive the ball in tight areas, play good short passes and moves quickly. He's tall and pretty leggy on the defensive side of things as well.

We have to get these players in the team, a new DM in the summer is almost certain and then that leaves McGinn, Ramsey, Luiz and Chuk for two spots. For me, McGinn is the weakest of the 4 in terms of technical ability, way too much of a headless chicken and loses the ball a lot but he won't get dropped. We only play for the league, Chuk isn't getting any minutes if he's 4th in line for 2 spots.

i do wonder whats going on with his contract, if i were the manager, and he had categorically told me he wasnt signing a new one, i wouldnt be playing him, and i would be offloading him in the summer.

I wonder if we still think we can get him to sign.

Without putting pressure on the lad he looks like he could potentially be world class if things go to plan. Needs to start next game and be given a run

Edited by thabucks

Whatever the contract situation, i think we have been pretty reasonable in giving him the pathway to first team football that we’ve given him. Any 18 year old coming into senior football would be moved as we have done with Carney. He’s started a few, getting 25 to 30 mins in others which ya know, it’s not the 93rd minute to run down the clock. 

Just now, thabucks said:

Without putting pressure on the lad he looks like he could potentially be world class if things go to plan. Needs to start next game and be given a run

As i said, i think Villa have moved him right. From a footballing standpoint, we’ve treated Carney well up to now i think. 

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's 18 with barely any experience and he looks up to the challenge. 

The issue is what sort of club are we right now? Do we have the patience to give young kids plenty of opportunities? I think We're seriously pushing for a European spot and will invest in the midfield. Carney is going to find it difficult to play as much as he wants right now. 

I seriously hope we don't lose him though.

We did but I don't think Gerrard does.

Â