Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Wasn't his fault that he was brought on for the wrong player (the undroppable one cannot be subbed). Looked competent and gets in to the right places. I don't think he stood out as the world beater he thinks he is, but at 18 he probably will do one day. Sign the contract Chuk!

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i do wonder whats going on with his contract, if i were the manager, and he had categorically told me he wasnt signing a new one, i wouldnt be playing him, and i would be offloading him in the summer.

I wonder if we still think we can get him to sign.

I feel sure discussions are either happening behind the scenes, or have not been ruled out in any way. I would imagine that if he had categorically said there was 0% chance he'd sign a new deal, that we probably wouldn't be bringing him with 30 minutes to go against Liverpool. 

• Like 2

Very composed, beautiful touches anda glimpse of some creative passing, in tight spots.

When he's on the ball you can tell he's magic.

Off the ball, I'm very unconvinced for the kind of club we are at the moment. A nice burst of energy and pressing when he first came on. Strolling around less than 10 mins later. It's fine when you are as silky as he is on the ball I suppose but there'll be times it costs us points.

Though I suppose an 18 yo in midfield in the Prem will always cost you points at some point for one reason or another and you should always keep your best players. 

I would, however have him behind Ramsey and Luiz as an 8. Gerrard will have him behind McGinn too. Going to be a tough sell.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I feel sure discussions are either happening behind the scenes, or have not been ruled out in any way. I would imagine that if he had categorically said there was 0% chance he'd sign a new deal, that we probably wouldn't be bringing him with 30 minutes to go against Liverpool. 

ye i thought similar.

obviously, i could be 100% wrong!

Just now, WHY said:

Kid might have talent but he looks so lazy. He’s horrible off the ball. 

Think that's too harsh, but anyway it's easier to teach and drill that stuff than it is to do the other way round. 

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Kid might have talent but he looks so lazy. He’s horrible off the ball. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think that's too harsh, but anyway it's easier to teach and drill that stuff than it is to do the other way round. 

It's #languidgate all over again.

To be fair, I think he needs to put more oomph and energy into his game.

I observed this as well.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

We did but I don't think Gerrard does.

Based on what? Recent games disprove your point with Iroegbunam starting over Nakamba Vs Burnley and Carney over Sanson tonight. Continued to build the team around Ramsey… Given JPB (4) minutes … Promoted O’Reilly, Feeney, Chrisene to the matchday squad.

It truly baffles me that Gerrard can be judged & questioned on his policies towards youth just 25 games in… Plus, this ridiculous notion that he has been brought in by Purslow & will disregard NWSE & CO’s repeated mantra of youth being central & essential to the long term success of the club…. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The game is played at probably twice the tempo that he's used to. Give it time.

Like I say the kid is talented but if he isn’t up to speed of the game then he shouldn’t be playing at the moment. If we are just playing him in the hope he signs a new contract then that is bad management imo. I want him to stay but would loan him out to learn the game. What you do off the ball is just as important as what you do on it. 

Edited by WHY

Just now, WHY said:

Like I say the kid is talented but if he isn’t doing up to speed of the game then he shouldn’t be playing at the moment. If we are just playing him in the hope he signs a new contract then that is bad management imo. I want him to stay but would loan him out to learn the game. What you do off the ball is just as important as what you do on it. 

He'll never get up to speed if he doesn't play. Ramsey needed these kinds of appearances last season to get up to speed and he's reaped the benefits this season. A couple of starts next week and a proper preseason and we'll see a completely different Chuk I imagine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He'll never get up to speed if he doesn't play. Ramsey needed these kinds of appearances last season to get up to speed and he's reaped the benefits this season. A couple of starts next week and a proper preseason and we'll see a completely different Chuk I imagine.

He isn’t going to get up to speed though if when he does come on he looks like he can’t be bothered unless he’s on the ball. More than happy to give the kid time as he’s talented but I don’t see the Ramsey comparison to be honest. Ramsey just lacked confidence not actual movement. 

Chuk is decent on the ball - but could learn a LOT from Buendia off the ball.

Too many times he was standing around waiting for something to happen. Can't get away with that in the modern game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Based on what? Recent games disprove your point with Iroegbunam starting over Nakamba Vs Burnley and Carney over Sanson tonight. Continued to build the team around Ramsey… Given JPB (4) minutes … Promoted O’Reilly, Feeney, Chrisene to the matchday squad.

It truly baffles me that Gerrard can be judged & questioned on his policies towards youth just 25 games in… Plus, this ridiculous notion that he has been brought in by Purslow & will disregard NWSE & CO’s repeated mantra of youth being central & essential to the long term success of the club…. 

Because so far he's signed 2 players for big fees and on high wages that are about to turn 29 and 30. He's put our record signing on the bench a lot when he really needs to gel into the team, pretty clear why most will see it this way so far. 

Gerrard has no interest in the future of Aston Villa, he wants to manage Liverpool and in order to do that he needs to turn Villa from midtable into European challengers, that's very difficult to do while giving youth players minutes and it's not really in his interest to take that risk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Chuk is decent on the ball - but could learn a LOT from Buendia off the ball.

Too many times he was standing around waiting for something to happen. Can't get away with that in the modern game.

Near the end when Cash had the ball on the right and there was loads of space for Chuck to make the run into and he just stood there, I don’t care how old you are this is basics of the game. Like I have already said if he signs a new deal get him out on loan to learn the game, the PL is too good to learn your trade in. 

Not a slight against him at all . Personal performance was okay even more for an 18 year old against esteemed opposition.

He shouldn't have been introduced and certainly not for an out and out DM as we we are well on our way to a brilliant point.

• Like 1

If his performance tonight leads to him being given more minutes and then to him signing a new deal because of that then him coming on will be more than worth it many times over. Truth is Liverpool probably would have found a way of winning with or without the change.

• Like 2

Â