Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Footballtalentscout.net  which look at all the best youngsters throughout Europe rate him 10/10 world class potential .

I checked a few other players out to see how accurate they are and they have Mason Greenwood as 10/10, Phil Foden 9/10 Haaland 9/10 so in pretty esteemed company.  

So you're saying he's better than Foden and Haaland?

Image result for yes gif

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant for him - he's with a few others that play in his position so I'm not sure if he'll get on, but it's a fantastic experience for him.

To have him and Kesler on the bench today will send a message through the U23 and Academy players that the manager will give them a chance if they're good enough.

Honestly think we should give him game time if we're losing by 2 or more. If we're winning/ drawing or 1 behind, not sure that level of pressure will help him. That said, if he does get on I look forward to my first glimpse of seeing what the next big thing can do. 

I have never been so excited about young players coming through as I am now. We have 3 knocking on the door all 19 or under. Another couple making a lot of positive noises. In 3 years time I would not be surprised to see 2 or three of them as squad regulars.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Found this little highlight reel earlier. He’s got such good close control, good movement and passing. If he continues to develop, five years from now, he’s going to be some player and hopefully still at Villa. 

He plays like....Grealish. Chuk him in! I Carney wait to see what he's got.

• Like 3

We potentially have a class of 91 situation here. Potentially. Possibly. Before anyone says I'm jumping the guns. I said possibly. 

I've seen enough from about 5 of our kids to suggest that they can be serious players for us. It's the thing in-between their ears which will determine how they progress.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

We potentially have a class of 91 situation here. Potentially. Possibly. Before anyone says I'm jumping the guns. I said possibly. 

I've seen enough from about 5 of our kids to suggest that they can be serious players for us. It's the thing in-between their ears which will determine how they progress.

Can't argue with that.  In Carney and Louie we have 2 youth players that the the whole country would have signed given the chance. Throw in Kessler and those 3 are likely the best youth prospects we've had in decades at coming through at the same time.

As you say, let's hope the thing between the ears is good for then.  Certainly early indications are there that it is.  Louie not wanting to live it up in barca and felt he needed to move to progress, Carney not being tempted away by a move to a big 6 where he'd spend his lifetime on loan/on the bench.

Add to that, the fact the club setup has never been better for a player their age, with perfect leadership and a vision for how we want our players to develop (no 23yr olds in the under 23s), with a recognised playing style, and we are definitely on to something. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Was that the notorious bad year before Scholes Neville Beckham et al. that came a year later? 

• Haha 2

If Grealish is out this weekend it will be interesting to see if they still go with Chukwuemeka on the bench or select one of the other youngsters, just to give another one of them the matchday experience.

Last weekend we had Nakamba, Luiz, McGinn, Barkley, Sanson and Ramsey all in the squad, so in terms of personnel we weren't really desperate for another central midfielder, would  have made more sense for Philogene-Bidace in terms of a direct replacement for Grealish in the squad, or Barry, who sometimes plays as wide left forward, if he'd have been fit.

Hopefully soon we're comfortable enough in a game where we can bring one of them on for their debut.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Hopefully soon we're comfortable enough in a game where we can bring one of them on for their debut.

I suspect it was this... Getting the player most close to the match day squad, and putting them on the bench in case the game lended itself to giving them minutes in a no pressure situation. In that sense, if none of them are getting game time unless that scenario arises, you won't care what position they're in and just want the one most likely to break into the squad there for it.

Edited by MrBlack

I wouldn't be surprised to see a different youngster on the bench this weekend, Barry's back in training but probably too soon for him, maybe Philogene-Bidace or Aaron Ramsey. I think it's probably more about giving them the match day experience at the moment, which is why it didn't really matter than we already had another six midfielders in the squad besides Chukwuemeka last weekend; unless of course we find ourselves in a situation where we're comfortable in a game, then there might be an opportunity  to bring one of them on.

With Hayden I think it's different, as he's obvioulsy been brought in out of necessity, so no chance of him being rotated, and will probably have more of a chance of making his debut.

• Like 1

Â