Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, sne said:

Well they did sign 18 y.o Amad Diallo from Atalanta for quite a lot of money ;)

Yeah I get that it's more the "he's the 3rd best young English player after sancho (who you can't afford) and Bellingham (who turned you down)" 

To me it's just a bit on the nose that it's absolute guff

• Like 1

Papers always seem to come out with these kind of stories regarding our youngsters when there's not much in the way of actual transfers happening. They did the same with Chukwuemeka in the summer window just before he signed his deal with us, back then they were saying he was 'tempted' by Newcastle as well as the usual clubs they link any half decent youngster with.

It's not as if he's scholar or has a very short deal with us, he's contracted for three years on a professional deal, so other teams can watch him all they like, but if we don't want to sell him there's not much they can do about it, and he himself could have left in the summer and had a pick of teams to choose from, but instead decided to commit his long term future to us.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, useless said:

They did the same with Chukwuemeka in the summer window just before he signed his deal with us, back then they were saying he was 'tempted' by Newcastle as well as the usual clubs they link any half decent youngster with.

What's Newcastle's equivalent of the Birmingham Mail? I can just imagine the headline:

"Promising young midfielder tempted by move North to learn watching the ball sail back and forth over his head".

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What's Newcastle's equivalent of the Birmingham Mail? I can just imagine the headline:

"Promising young midfielder tempted by move North to learn watching the ball sail back and forth over his head".

pretty sure based on geordie racer that they're still using pigeons

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jono62 said:

I'd be happy if he got 10 minutes here and there and maybe an appearance towards the end of the season.

I think when we get to 40 points...you will see quite a few introduced.

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can't see that - I think we're safe now, maybe in the last couple of games if Europe is gone and there's nothing to play for, but even then, I think you'd see Sanson, Nakamba and Ramsey before Chukwuemeka. 

When he makes it, he'll make it on merit and be there to stay - but there's plenty of time yet for that.

Maybe a loan next January and then see.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2021 at 22:54, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see that - I think we're safe now, maybe in the last couple of games if Europe is gone and there's nothing to play for, but even then, I think you'd see Sanson, Nakamba and Ramsey before Chukwuemeka. 

When he makes it, he'll make it on merit and be there to stay - but there's plenty of time yet for that.

Maybe a loan next January and then see.

Whilst I agree with the 9 subs I still think it'd be good if some of them got a look in before the end 

We don't have an easy finish though 

On 02/02/2021 at 21:24, TRO said:

I think our finishing league position will impact heavily on what happens in the summer and from there how well we do next year, finishing 12/14th will look and feel like slow progress, finishing 9/10th will feel like not bad but we are a mid table team, finish 5/6th and we are on the heels of the so called big6.

I honestly think we will be going for it and doubt the kids will get a look in yet.

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think our finishing league position will impact heavily on what happens in the summer and from there how well we do next year, finishing 12/14th will look and feel like slow progress, finishing 9/10th will feel like not bad but we are a mid table team, finish 5/6th and we are on the heels of the so called big6.

I honestly think we will be going for it and doubt the kids will get a look in yet.

I’d agree we shouldn’t and I don’t think we will, take our foot off the gas at any point this season or any other season for that matter. 

The kids might get a look in if injuries etc are a problem. Even then it has to be on merit, the kids whilst needing patience need to be demonstrating that they are ready and capable of stepping up.

We won’t be saying to them, go on son have a go nobody will mind if you mess up. They’ll be under pressure to perform as much as anyone else in the first team. The opposition won’t be giving them an easy time that’s for sure. Coping with pressure is part of learning and starts from day one. Patience and time yes but no free passes. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’d agree we shouldn’t and I don’t think we will, take our foot off the gas at any point this season or any other season for that matter. 

The kids might get a look in if injuries etc are a problem. Even then it has to be on merit, the kids whilst needing patience need to be demonstrating that they are ready and capable of stepping up.

We won’t be saying to them, go on son have a go nobody will mind if you mess up. They’ll be under pressure to perform as much as anyone else in the first team. The opposition won’t be giving them an easy time that’s for sure. Coping with pressure is part of learning and starts from day one. Patience and time yes but no free passes. 

Agree with this Dave.

The 3 points above .........

1. This above all years could well be the case.

2. They will be up against top quality or nasty buggers, above the level you want to be blooding them at.

3. Pressure will be huge if we are close to euro or dare I dream to say champs league spots, in fact hardly any of the regs will be used to that.

All that said though, if they are special and the coaches believe they are ready then that would be brilliant, give me a through the ranks Grealish over a big time charlie Pogba any day.

• Like 2

Just watched the U23 highlights from the weekend. First time i have seen Carney properly and he really looks a player already. I think this is one that will be a proper first team squad member next season. Got the athleticism and the skill in equal measure

Footballtalentscout.net  which look at all the best youngsters throughout Europe rate him 10/10 world class potential .

I checked a few other players out to see how accurate they are and they have Mason Greenwood as 10/10, Phil Foden 9/10 Haaland 9/10 so in pretty esteemed company.  

• Like 3

Judging by the Jacob Ramsey thread he's going to have to come through and play like Zidane to impress some people. On the Palace game, I thought he was our standout player, but have seen him play even better than that. Will be interesting to see how he develops, we've got a lot of talented midfielders coming through at the moment.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Footballtalentscout.net  which look at all the best youngsters throughout Europe rate him 10/10 world class potential .

I checked a few other players out to see how accurate they are and they have Mason Greenwood as 10/10, Phil Foden 9/10 Haaland 9/10 so in pretty esteemed company.  

How do they rate Gary Gardner? I think next season will be his year.

• Haha 4

Â