Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Just now, TheFirstMan said:

That confirms he's going nowhere then 

Yeah talksport and similar scum seem to flip between players either not being good enough or being too good to keep hold of. And I thought Villa fans were miserable.

12 hours ago, BOF said:

Funnily enough, I've actually found that with a name so obviously difficult to spell, people take much more care to get it right. It's the other names they get wrong. The amount of times people give Kesler 2 S's for example :) 

.... You've got way too much time on your hands! 😉

10 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

A big talent.

A season in League 2 will be great for his development 

Can’t we just stick them in league 1, league two is a clown league

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

A big talent.

A season in League 2 will be great for his development 

If he’s that good he should be good enough for the Championship. Look at Harvey Elliot who is a few months older than him.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he’s that good he should be good enough for the Championship. Look at Harvey Elliot who is a few months older than him.

I can see maybe a couple of these going to Brentford next year if they don't go up. 

I really think some of these young players need 40 games in the championship or league 1 to toughen them up. If they’re that good then they’ll be fine and they will be returning to the club at 17/18 with loads more experience. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Oh really? Didn't know that. 

To be honest I don’t know for sure but over the years they’ve always seemed to have signed young talent from lower leagues and abroad and then sold them for large profits. Pretty sure most their players have always been their own over the years but i may be wrong on that. 

Going back on topic I definitely think Carney could cut it in that league. Would be great for his development.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really think some of these young players need 40 games in the championship or league 1 to toughen them up. If they’re that good then they’ll be fine and they will be returning to the club at 17/18 with loads more experience. 

I think that's out dated, the whole idea that they need to play league 1 to become men this "mens football" its guff

Chukwuemeka is still only seventeen and doesn't turn eighten until the end of the year, so I think he will probably continue with our U23s next season, it's very rare for seventeen year olds to go out on loan, Harvey Elliot's example at Blackburn isn't the norm, he's a player that's already played for Liverpool's first team.

I actually think Chukwuemeka might end up being one of those players that's so good that he doesn't end up going on loan, if he stays with us next season and gets a chance in the league cup, wouldn't put it past him to play his way into our first team squad that way.

players most likely to go on loan next season are Philogene-Bidace, Kesler, and Aaron Ramsey.

• Like 1

Our youngsters are going to be going out on loan to lower league clubs whether people like it or not, Delaney said in one of his recent interviews that he sees loan moves as one of the most important stages of a youngster's development and stated that Mark Harrison our Head of Academy agrees with him. We've just appointed Henshall as our head of loan moves for that very reason, and probably no coincident that he has experience of the lower leagues, we're not at the stage yet where we can send our youngsters to championship clubs or to the top leagues in other countries, if they were that far along in their development they would have at least had some game time with our first team by now.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Isn't his brother at Northampton? They may stay up in league 1 so wouldn't be worst to send him there.

Interesting what we do with likes of Kesler, JPB and Louie Barry next season. These are decisions Mile will have to make now in conjunction with first team staff.

• Like 1

Â