Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

4 hours ago, useless said:

Another impressive display from him today at youth level... and a goal...

a bit timid at the first opportunity, but brilliant execution when he went for it. Cracking pronunciation from the Welsh lad.

28 minutes ago, a m ole said:

a bit timid at the first opportunity, but brilliant execution when he went for it. Cracking pronunciation from the Welsh lad.

Amazing that whoever that Welsh lad was got that right, and you have pundits working for sky that can't pronounce the name of premier league starters correctly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it was a good finish under pressure, and you could tell that he purposely delayed shooting until just the right moment, a lot of other players in that situation would have tried to hit straight away and probably end up hitting it straight at the goalkeeper. He had a good game all round, probably England's best player when he came on at half-time, as it happens Barry was probably England's best player in the first-half, but out of two I thought Chukwuemeka was even more impressive.

• Like 1

Apparently this lad is the real deal or so I hear, I still haven’t seen him. I’d like to see some minutes on the pitch now we are safe if he really is that good. See how he does.

U23s play on a Friday... Its stupid from the PL, he isn't going to okay 90 mins Friday then make a PL bench Saturday or Sunday but at the same time the club isn't going to say don't play Friday sit on the bench and maybe get 5 to 10 mins

I think this might be one player we slowly build into the team. Premier League centre midfield isnt an easy learning especially at 17

More senior seasoned players have struggled in that area of the pitch

To those saying they've not seen him play I'd highly recommend catching the stream of an u23s game if you're ever able to. Watching him play is incredibly exciting as he looks for all the world like nothing will stop him making it at the top level. 

He plays a few years beyond his age, in a position where it's very difficult to do that. He also has that uncoachable knack of always appearing to have more space and time on the ball than everyone around him. He is quality, but I am always loathe to build up players at this age because of the amount of barriers still in their way on the way to first team recognition. I'm trying to be cautious, but everything else being equal, this kid is a bit special and I'll be surprised and gutted if he doesn't make it.

Then let the typos begin.

• Like 2

What I like about him is that he has the ability to play slower than everyone else. He's so calm and he eats up the ground whilst looking like he's strolling. He's a tall athletic player who will fill out to be an athlete that could dominate a midfield - if I can borrow the modern Villa phrase de jour, he's got a very, very high ceiling.

He is only 17 though. No rush.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What I like about him is that he has the ability to play slower than everyone else. He's so calm and he eats up the ground whilst looking like he's strolling. He's a tall athletic player who will fill out to be an athlete that could dominate a midfield - if I can borrow the modern Villa phrase de jour, he's got a very, very high ceiling.

He is only 17 though. No rush.

This needs to come up as a prompt every time we enter this thread, before we start getting the 'just put him in, he can't be any worse than (insert any of the villa midfield here)'

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I for one cannot wait to see Mr Cholmondley-Warner make it in to the first team.

Funnily enough, I've actually found that with a name so obviously difficult to spell, people take much more care to get it right. It's the other names they get wrong. The amount of times people give Kesler 2 S's for example :) 

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Do we have this lad tied down?

He signed a pro deal in October, although if you believe Talksport in February, Bayern and Juve are sniffing around him and Villa 'face a fight' to keep hold of him.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BOF said:

He signed a pro deal in October, although if you believe Talksport in February, Bayern and Juve are sniffing around him and Villa 'face a fight' to keep hold of him.

That confirms he's going nowhere then 

Â