Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

He's such a big lad in comparison to the players he's up against. He's the kind of player you could bring up to the first team a bit younger due to his size. 

Seems a bit cocky which I like. Again, you'd hope this would mean he wouldn't be overawed by the first team. 

On 15/04/2021 at 07:01, OxfordVillan said:

I’d say it’s integral that the younger players are put on individual strength programmes to make them the best physical specimen they can possibly be. And I’m sure that’s the case with Villa having a shiny and new training facility.

Well Ollie Stevenson, has a bit of a record with Jack.

My missus just shouted to me is that Troublemaker playing for the Villa again tonight? Confused I asked her what she meant and she is convinced his name is pronounced as she said it🤣 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

On 16/04/2021 at 18:43, Follyfoot said:

My missus just shouted to me is that Troublemaker playing for the Villa again tonight? Confused I asked her what she meant and she is convinced his name is pronounced as she said it🤣 

Was going to say, didn't think McCormack still played for us.

Still, probably closer than most pro commentators will get to pronouncing it right.

Manchester United and City tracking Aston Villa’s Carney Chukwuemeka

Carney Chukwuemeka, the 17-year-old Aston Villa midfielder rated as one of England’s most promising talents, is being tracked by a host of clubs, including Manchester United and Manchester City

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/22/manchester-united-and-city-tracking-aston-villa-carney-chukwuemeka

Nnnnooooooooooooo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

if he wants first team football why would he go to either of those clubs

Tbf Man U have been better than us at giving young players time on the pitch. Obviously due to them having had a better youth set up but still.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I don't believe it, not from any UK media news not in this day and age.

If any truth to it, Villa would be right onto it securing him with a professional contract no doubt.

They also have there own youngsters at there clubs, if he leaves he knows he will be at the bottom of the pile, he also knows he's coming on leaps and bounds here and he can't be to far away from making some first team appearances.

Edited by Dave-R

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I don't believe it, not from any UK media news not in this day and age.

If any truth to it, Villa would be right onto it securing him with a professional contract no doubt.

They also have there own youngsters at there clubs, if he leaves he knows he will be at the bottom of the pile, he also knows he's coming on leaps and bounds here and he can't be to far away from making some first team appearances.

Didn’t he quite recently sign a pro contract?

Didn’t he quite recently sign a pro contract?

The Guardian article mentions that he signed a pro contract for a 3 year deal (the maximum allowed) on his 17th birthday.

This shows how the current board at the club are on a different level from previous regimes. Dan Crowley went to Arsenal before he signed a pro contract. It meant Arsenal paid very little for him despite him being an incredible prospect at the time. 

Crowley could be a warning for our promising youth players of how having your head turned by one of the big six doesn’t necessarily lead to great things.

On the other hand the current regime need to see some of our youngsters establish themselves as premier league stars for their long term strategy of looking to be the chosen destination of the best young talent in the Midlands  to come to fruition. 

Villa’s recent track record isn’t great. Jacob Ramsey is a start but he could still go either way whether that be establishing himself as a premier league player or becoming a lower league player. Some of the big 6 have a better record on bringing youth through which is something we strategically need to change. 
As such I think that the current regime will be desperate for Carney to succeed and will fight tooth and nail to keep him. It is not just about him as a player but about the whole vision and strategic direction of the club.

• Like 3

Â