Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

He needs a loan to the Champ. If he thinks he's too good for that he's sorely mistaken. 

I don't get this either 

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that he thinks he's too good for it, never really even been linked with a loan anywhere that I can remember

Us not sending him out on loan is a Villa decision 

He gained experience but we need immediate results.  Hard to imagine that Sanson or Naka (thus pushing Luiz forward) would not have brought more to the game.

Unless they are an absolute Rooney or Owen type phenom, think our highly rated youth players need to be loaned out until around age 20 or 21. You can't talk about challenging for Europe and then also be embedding teenagers in your squad. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't get this either 

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that he thinks he's too good for it, never really even been linked with a loan anywhere that I can remember

Us not sending him out on loan is a Villa decision 

There was a lot of chat that he didn't sign a new contract because he thought he should be getting playtime in the first team. 

Perhaps that wasn't right but he doesn't warrant many minutes IMO. Needs to play regularly somewhere for a bit and it won't be here. 

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Can’t think of many 18 year olds playing premier league football, He wasn’t spectacular by any means but wasn’t a liability,  hooking a kid at half time and destroying his confidence isn’t good management, the minutes he’s earning hopefully is part of a bigger plan/picture, they can’t all be Mbappe and Haaland.

Don’t disagree but destroying his confidence I don’t agree with, easy to say to him at half time to say you want to bring on Traore on for fitness minutes or something.  The kid started the game, he’d have been delighted, he’d be fine brought off at halftime if explained well.  He had good minutes but was a complete passenger today but has a big future, although probably needs a loan if he decides to stay.

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

He gained experience but we need immediate results.  Hard to imagine that Sanson or Naka (thus pushing Luiz forward) would not have brought more to the game.

Unless they are an absolute Rooney or Owen type phenom, think our highly rated youth players need to be loaned out until around age 20 or 21. You can't talk about challenging for Europe and then also be embedding teenagers in your squad. 

Do we though? 

You think we will sign 3 or 4 players this summer and challenge for Europe next year? Or do you think we should and will now slowly climb up the ladder? 

Barring a cup win I think we're still 2 or 3 years off europe if I'm honest, he'll be 21 and starting by the time we get the EL so minutes in game like tonight are all part of the long term plan 

9 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

He gained experience but we need immediate results.  

Do we? Why? For the massive, season-defining push for 11th? 

It didn't happen for him tonight, but it was a perfectly sensible time to give him a good run out.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Might be harsh, but I'm inclined to suggest that, we win that game if we didn't start.

Very harsh. 

Pope was world class. The Traore save was outstanding and on another day one of McGinns goes in too. 

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Very harsh. 

Pope was world class. The Traore save was outstanding and on another day one of McGinns goes in too. 

Traore save was good the other saves he should make.

Edited by WHY

Well if he’s starting to convince him to stay that doesn’t work for me. If he wants first team football it should be somewhere else. He’s very talented but absolutely not ready. 

I hate digging out young players but he’s miles off atm. I’ve said it before but he needs a loan to learn the game. He is decent on the ball but has so much more to learn. Genuinely felt sorry for him at times he looked that lost. 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Might be harsh, but I'm inclined to suggest that, we win that game if we didn't start.

I think the opposite, I actually thought we dipped when he went off, took traore ages to get going and he played wider where he wasn't needed as cash had the freedom of the wing 

I thought it was the wrong sub

He okay, he's not expected to look like a world beater as has been said before if you've got a player from the academy not looking out of place then that's a good sign.

Today was only his second ever start and it's not as if he's been coming off the bench regularly, before today he'd played just over two games worth of premier league football. Wasn't amazing, but he did fine and this experience will help him develop and improve.

Also worth remembering that he was essentially being played out of position, he has very little experience of playing as part of a front three, barely any at all, and I think that role was made even harder for him today by how deep Buendia was dropping.

• Like 2

Â