Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, useless said:

It was definitely a cross, didn't look anything like a shot, you can see the way he shaped his foot and where he made contact on the ball that it was intended for Watkins. Probably a more difficult piece of play than it looked as well a lot of players wouldn't have thought to put that much pace on the pass with as well meaning it had a better chance of reaching Watkins also meant it was easier for him to score.

Not sure who it was, maybe Targett, but great pass to Chukwuemeka in the first place.

It was Cash IIRC.

• Thanks 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Pretty sure it was Cash that made the initial pass, from the left side of central defence. Good pass, good control by Carney and a devastating pass for the assist.  

Indeed, a great pass from Cash.

If Buendia is injured Carney will surely get his chance in the extreme game.

• Like 1

I think the calls for a start are a bit premature - there's a big difference between coming on for the last 30 and starting vs Burnley.  Especially since those clearings in the woods will revel in trying to injure him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Chris Sutton casting doubt on whether it was a cross after the game, absolute gibberish IMO.

I don’t know who Chris Sutton is, but if he thinks it was a shot he needs to get his eyes checked. Carney wraps his boot around it in a way that could only have been meant for the ball to cut across goal. 

Edited by MNVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Chris Sutton casting doubt on whether it was a cross after the game, absolute gibberish IMO.

Doesn’t really matter, does it? It’s not like the ref would have disallowed the goal if Carney had said it was meant as a shot. 🙂

These commentators are paid to talk so they do do even when their heads are empty of content.

2 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

I think the calls for a start are a bit premature - there's a big difference between coming on for the last 30 and starting vs Burnley.  Especially since those clearings in the woods will revel in trying to injure him.

It’s a case if we’re starting him instead of someone who’s doing much better. He’d definitely produce more than Ash and Emi offensively. It’s defensively which he might fail a bit, but even then in a game like yesterday we had a lot of the ball in the first half. I think those games are perfect for him. It’s not only giving him a chance. But we need him.

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

I don’t know who Chris Sutton is, but if he thinks it was a shot he needs to get his eyes checked. Carney wraps his boot around it in a way that could only have been meant for the ball to cut across goal. 

Really??? Or just a turn of phrase?

19 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Zero clue.

Former player, most famous for being the second S in the SAS strike partnership during Blackburn's PL title win in 95. Oh and had a brief stint at Villa where perhaps unsurprisingly his career came to an abrupt end due to some freak vision issue.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Former player, most famous for being the second S in the SAS strike partnership during Blackburn's PL title win in 95. Oh and had a brief stint at Villa where perhaps unsurprisingly his career came to an abrupt end due to some freak vision issue.

Ah I had forgotten about the vision issue

Great to see him make an impact, personally I wouldn't be starting him I think cameos from the bench are perfect for his learning. Its so important that he takes his chances though as when Bailey and Traore are back he may not make the bench. 

Similar to Ramsey, we now have a reasonable amount of competition that just showing potentional is not enough, you have to do something with it.

Â