Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, LockStockVilla said:

This US based guy has been tweeting a bit about McKennie and also seems to believe Juventus is a done deal. 

https://twitter.com/RGonzalezCBS/status/1298601179757371396?s=20

I am surprised. Great move for McKennie but would have thought Schalke would have wanted more up front.

That would have to be an obligation to buy, rather than an optional clause you would have to think.

45 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Also. Lange out!

What a shocking window!

You want the new guy in charge of transfers out so that we can spend a few days/weeks replacing him therefore causing us to take longer to make transfers? Or are you on the wind up? Either way, its boring.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wes said:

I am surprised. Great move for McKennie but would have thought Schalke would have wanted more up front.

That would have to be an obligation to buy, rather than an optional clause you would have to think.

It's an option to buy from what I've read. Great bit of business by Juventus if they pull it off surely.

• Thanks 1

Just now, romavillan said:

It's an option to buy from what I've read. Great bit of business by Juventus if they pull it off surely.

Well I am surprised - at both Juve's interest and Schalke not preferring an outright sale this summer.

Ah well, it'll be interesting to see how much he is utilised this year.

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

You want the new guy in charge of transfers out so that we can spend a few days/weeks replacing him therefore causing us to take longer to make transfers? Or are you on the wind up? Either way, its boring.

anyone else it would be obviously a wind up...but knowing him i really think he's serious!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wes said:

Don't believe that link, Juve have loads of midfielders and not sure McKennie is of that quality given likes of Rabiot and Ramsey were largely bench warmers this season.

He'll end up somewhere in the prem.

Edit; Just seen multiple sources are reporting this so looks like I'm wrong.

Edited by VillaChris

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

So we are looking at possible signings of Eze and McKennie being taken out of the picture today samuel l jackson gun GIF by The Good Films

If they are in the press as our targets, the one thing you can absolutely guarantee is we've not even considered them. 

The press AND twitter know nothing. 

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

I suppose they did drop 'prepared' from the club badge...

Must admit i'm getting slightly nervous about our lack of activity as we see others around us looking to do some business.

To be prepared for a new season it would be prudent to have a few weeks pre-season with any potential new acquisition.

This season is going to be brutal, it's going to be full-on and we'll have new players playing catch-up, not good.

McKennie is someone I was excited for us to sign, shame if we miss out.

Pirlo is cleaning house at Juve and is getting younger players with more mobility (and lower wages) in McKennie fits that bill. Just like Kulusevski does.

The likes of Khedira, Ramsey, (Rabiot) Higuain will be shipped out if someone can cover their wages. Matuidi has already been moved on.

Edit: Swapping Pjanic for Arthur in another example of this although he is more of a playmaker.

Edited by sne