Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

28 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

They don't want to risk him getting injured in a game, but are happy for him to cycle around in an unfamiliar town without a helmet?! 

He has a helmet and he seems to be using it to protect the Crown Jewels, smart thinking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

Even better news, means the top clubs will be put off. Even if we got a couple of years out of him on a 3 year deal it would be worth it imo.

If he was a James miller type player that has done well at every club he has been at , I think I wouldn't be bothered about his age but he has failed to make impact for a long time , like others have said it's a gamble we can not afford to take

Just now, pete101 said:

If he was a James miller type player that has done well at every club he has been at , I think I wouldn't be bothered about his age but he has failed to make impact for a long time , like others have said it's a gamble we can not afford to take

I would love us to somehow find another James Milner type, and keeping him this time.

He's got to undoubtedly be one of, if not THE best value money signing any team has ever made.

Class ACT!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That would be £21m in wages (likely more as I’m sure he would want higher wages in the PL and on a Bosman) so that’s probably close to £30m on a player with a number of issues. Hell of a gamble don’t see us taking it..

Can’t see him getting those wages though given that injury background. He’d be like a Carbone, Merson or Nillis type signing in terms of impact should he play injury free.

There have got to be some occasions where we have to roll the dice, obviously medical advice considered.

Edited by rayk

13 minutes ago, rayk said:

Even better news, means the top clubs will be put off. Even if we got a couple of years out of him on a 3 year deal it would be worth it imo.

Nah, he's finished. He's looked a complete shadow of himself for the last couple of years. He suffers from some metabolic disease that causes fatigue and weight gain. Can't see him playing top level football for much longer.

Edited by Okonokos

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Nah, he's finished. He's look a complete shadow of himself for the last couple of years. He suffers from some metabolic disease that causes fatigue and weight gain. Can't see him playing top level football for much longer.

Fair enough👍

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

Can’t see him getting those wages though given that injury background. He’d be like a Carbone, Merson or Nillis type signing in terms of impact should he play injury free.

There have got to be some occasions where we have to roll the dice, obviously medical advice considered.

This isn't one of them imo, could see West Ham doing it though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

This isn't one of them imo, could see West Ham doing it though.

Reading on wet spam forums that they are broke...they will need to sell at least 4-5 players to bring anyone of note in..not sure how true it is,but its a general theme on their forums

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I would love us to somehow find another James Milner type, and keeping him this time.

He's got to undoubtedly be one of, if not THE best value money signing any team has ever made.

Class ACT!

Good,Good Player....and impeccable character/Attitude.

Top Pro.

one or two like that please.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Does anyone else feel underwhelmed by the players (Rashica apart) that we are being linked with? I remember back in the day we constantly bought players from relegated teams. There's part of me that says if we keep buying teams from Championship teams we will be a Championship team. I hope I am wrong. 

If we do go ahead and sign the likes of Benrahma, Watkins and Cash, I hope the step up isn't too much for them. 

• Like 4

Just now, Villarocker said:

Does anyone else feel underwhelmed by the players (Rashica apart) that we are being linked with? I remember back in the day we constantly bought players from relegated teams. There's part of me that says if we keep buying teams from Championship teams we will be a Championship team. I hope I am wrong. 

If we do go ahead and sign the likes of Benrahma, Watkins and Cash, I hope the step up isn't too much for them. 

Remember the way we do business now. Most of the signings we made last summer came out of nowhere. I'd never even heard of Douglas Luiz as we hadn't even been linked with him. I really think the media don't have much of a clue.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I completely disagree, if we were after the average players of the relegated teams or not the very top players of the league below then yes I would agree but with the rumoured business or with who people on here are saying we should go for that isn't the case.

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Remember the way we do business now. Most of the signings we made last summer came out of nowhere. I'd never even heard of Douglas Luiz as we hadn't even been linked with him. I really think the media don't have much of a clue.

Yep. The last couple of windows the club have been very, very good at keeping things under wraps until they are the ones to break the news. Can't see why that would change.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Wesley was another, think except the loans we made permanent last summer I just remember Trezeguet as being linked and maybe Nakamba as had issue with his club. Even Samatta and Reina came from blue

• Like 1