Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I was going to mention him yesterday. If you want a Reina type short term fix to cover while Heaton recovers Foster seems obvious. Was one of Watford's better players last season and lives by Leamington Spa so 12 month deal would tempt him I reckon.

He hates the Villa. 

Link to Rhian Brewster on loan via BBC:

Several Premier League clubs, including Aston Villa, Brighton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Fulham and Newcastle United, have asked about signing Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster on loan.

Brewster, 20, is with the Reds on a pre-season camp in Austria and the club will wait before making a decision on the England Under-21 international.

One of the considerations is the amount of first-team football he would get.

Brewster had a loan spell last season at Championship side Swansea City.

After joining in January, he scored 11 goals as the Swans reached the play-off semi-finals.

Bournemouth, Norwich City and Watford, who were all relegated from the Premier League last season, are also thought to be keen on a loan move for Brewster.

Given what we have said about loans before, I can’t see much truth in this one.

He did very well at Swansea last season so far more proven an option than Ivan Toney.

Less chance of a permanent deal than Tammy Abraham though. Would purely be a year of development and then he'll probably get a chance at Liverpool the following season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Fans like me? I’m very much aware that we’re not going to attract the best players, I know where we finished in the table. If you’re trying to argue that offering higher wages wouldn’t help get players in, then I don’t see any point in debating this with you. I don’t claim we’re Real Madrid, but I’m sticking by my claim that  we are an attractive club. If you want to believe otherwise, that’s fine. I don’t see why you’re so offended by my post, or why you need to be so aggressive about it, people are entitled to disagree with you.

I’m not saying that offering higher wages wouldn’t help us sign players. I’m saying that there are 17 other clubs in the League that can do that, arguably more so than we can, so it isn’t really a differentiating factor. Can’t you read? 

Disagree all you like, but don’t say there is no logic to what I said when the logic is abundantly clear. 

Edited by Pimlico_Villa

Heaton 

Right back - Centre Back* - Mings - Left Back

McGinn - Luiz - Grealish

Winger - Winger

Striker

*Konsa is definitely the best choice if we don’t sign somebody better. He’s got a bright future ahead of him.

I think these are the main signings we need and then a few on top. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I’m not saying that offering higher wages wouldn’t help us sign players. I’m saying that there are 17 other clubs in the League that can do that, arguably more so than we can, so it isn’t really a differentiating factor. Can’t you read? 

Disagree all you like, but don’t say there is no logic to what I said when the logic is abundantly clear. 

Yeah there is logic, just not much else. You have as much to back up your opinion as I do. But you talk as though your opinion is fact, and you’ve insulted me several times because I don’t see things the way you do. Clubs could offer the same money as, and some can’t, it’s the variables then that take over and it’s why each club will have more or less pull on certain players.
You should imagine when talking to people online, that you’re sitting at a table with them instead, it helps with being more well mannered online.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Only way it would happen is with an option to buy, we did ourselves over on Tammy and rightly won’t happen again.

Do you mean on loans in general or with promising youngsters such as Brewster? I mean surely if an opportunity came along to sign someone on loan to improve the team then it would make sense to explore it at least. Obviously it can be hit and miss (Drinkwater for example) but ruling out loans completely I feel is a bit naive considering our position at the moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Only way it would happen is with an option to buy, we did ourselves over on Tammy and rightly won’t happen again.

I honestly don’t give a monkeys about an odd loan without an option to buy IF it strengthens us and allows money to be spent in different areas....or get the player we ultimately want.

Say we get Brewster on loan without an option to buy and he bangs in the goals to get us into the top 10?

What do we really lose if by achieving a top 10 position it then gives us the platform to say buy Tammy?

So half a team on loans is obviously stupid, but it would be silly not to consider the odd loan without an option to buy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Heaton 

Right back - Centre Back* - Mings - Left Back

McGinn - Luiz - Grealish

Winger - Winger

Striker

*Konsa is definitely the best choice if we don’t sign somebody better. He’s got a bright future ahead of him.

I think these are the main signings we need and then a few on top. 

So you think that we will be making 6 - 8 signings this window when the powers that be have already stated that we will be looking at a step up in quality with our recruitment?

Unless we're spending £200m+ then that is fantasy land buddy...

We'll be making 4 quality signings maximum (maybe a teenager with monster potential here and there)

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

I honestly don’t give a monkeys about an odd loan without an option to buy IF it strengthens us and allows money to be spent in different areas....or get the player we ultimately want.

Say we get Brewster on loan without an option to buy and he bangs in the goals to get us into the top 10?

What do we really lose if by achieving a top 10 position it then gives us the platform to say buy Tammy?

So half a team on loans is obviously stupid, but it would be silly not to consider the odd loan without an option to buy.

Doesn’t really matter what we think that’s the clubs position. Personally I support it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Do you mean on loans in general or with promising youngsters such as Brewster? I mean surely if an opportunity came along to sign someone on loan to improve the team then it would make sense to explore it at least. Obviously it can be hit and miss (Drinkwater for example) but ruling out loans completely I feel is a bit naive considering our position at the moment.

Nobody is ruling out loans, just loans without options to buy particularly where young players are concerned and you are developing them. I don’t think it applies to the likes of Drinkwater or Reina in the same way as both were always short term emergency stop gaps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Doesn’t really matter what we think that’s the clubs position. Personally I support it.

None of what we think matters 👍

(The club obviously thought differently about loans without options to buy re Reina, Drinkwater and that Spanish dude I’d never heard of btw).

Edited by rayk

6 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Yeah there is logic, just not much else. You have as much to back up your opinion as I do. But you talk as though your opinion is fact, and you’ve insulted me several times because I don’t see things the way you do. Clubs could offer the same money as, and some can’t, it’s the variables then that take over and it’s why each club will have more or less pull on certain players.
You should imagine when talking to people online, that you’re sitting at a table with them instead, it helps with being more well mannered online.

Okay, so answer me this, please? How does the fact that we are not guaranteed to be in a dog fight make us an exciting prospect? You said earlier that it would. 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Most or all of those players are far from unwanted, some from good leagues and none that we can pick up as though we’re in Tesco’s. 

I was only referring to stones as unwanted and the others as inferior leagues