Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

For the record I don't mind signing older players providing they are good enough as you say. However, is age is a key factor for two reasons:

1) It goes against our recent strategy of buying younger footballers with resale values

2) Given he is not a spring chicken anymore, if he was any decent he would have been picked up by someone else by now

I have serious doubts of the quality of a 28 year old still playing his trade in Denmark. Surely by now a team from a more established league would have decided to take a punt on him.

We shouldn't be buying squad players when our current attacking midfielders (Trez, El Ghazi, Jota etc.) are not good enough to hold down a starting spot. 

This is the problem with people who are obsessed with stats. Players mature and hit their primes at different ages. Surely not every single player we want to buy is a youngster with sell on value....every club wants that in doses but you need some sort of experience in the team. Such an ignorant comment to say "someone would have snapped him up by now" there are loads of players who have stayed in their country for years and the done well elsewhere.

Edited by ForfarVillan

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Tammy saying villa will always have a special place in his heart is him saying he loves us but he's done here, not coming back

I thought when interviewed after we won the playoffs when asked if he would sign/ play for us again he said never say never ?

If we are going to sign players, it will be interesting to see if we carry out our business in a similar style to last year, where we seemed to buy players that already had links/relationships with others that we bought in or already had at the club... 

Wesley/Luiz - Brazilian pals

Wesley/Nakamba - Brugge pals

Jota/Konsa - Brentford pals & both worked with Smith 

Trezeguet/Elmo - Egyptian pals

Mings/Hause/AEG - signed permanently after loans 

The ones I can’t link are Targett, Heaton, Engels and Guilbert, although I was sure Engels had a link somewhere... 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Leipzig close to signing Sorloth reportedly so hopefully means Schick is available and interest in Rashica is dying 🤞🏻

Sorloth sounds like a baddie from an 80s cartoon!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Would certainly be an upgrade over Targett. Slightly in attack, and massively in defense.....if he's healthy. He's dealt with knee injuries the last couple of years. He'd likely come cheap because of it, but if he does and he's able to stay healthy, it'd be a good move.

He would be a good pick up. Still plays a bit at Napoli although not a first choice anymore but vastly experienced in Serie A and euro competitions. Chelsea were interested a few years back and apparently he was only on 30k a week then so would be well within our budget. Hysaj at right back is another decent player for them and if we can't get Rashica then Hirvin Lozano is someone I'd target.

Can see Wolves going after Ghoulam as their main LB did his ACL last week and is out for pretty much all of next season.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He would be a good pick up. Still plays a bit at Napoli although not a first choice anymore but vastly experienced in Serie A and euro competitions. Chelsea were interested a few years back and apparently he was only on 30k a week then so would be well within our budget. Hysaj at right back is another decent player for them and if we can't get Rashica then Hirvin Lozano is someone I'd target.

I wanted us to go after Lozano when he was still at PSV. He's a great player.

Just now, Okonokos said:

I wanted us to go after Lozano when he was still at PSV. He's a great player.

He really impressed me in the world cup v Germany, very direct wide player although he's struggled to get a regular game at Napoli so reckon he'd be good for season long loan with option to buy which makes sense in the current climate.

35 minutes ago, Tayls said:

The ones I can’t link are Targett, Heaton, Engels and Guilbert, although I was sure Engels had a link somewhere... 

Heaton was with Chester in Man Utd Youth, Engels I believe was teammates with Wesley in Club Brugge for a season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He really impressed me in the world cup v Germany, very direct wide player although he's struggled to get a regular game at Napoli so reckon he'd be good for season long loan with option to buy which makes sense in the current climate.

The buzz around Napoli on Lozano right now is he's going to be reunited with Ancelloti at Everton. Everton and Napoli are already working on a deal for Allan to join Everton, and there have been Lozano discussions as well. Carlo's getting the band back together.

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I don't know as I don't follow with Instagram or Twitter. Maybe others can enlighten me. To my knowledge Grealish and McGinn to Spain I believe. John Terry to Portugal.  I am unsure of others. My concern is what seems to be the Clubs policy regards holiday travel. Logic dictates that if some players were allowed to 'quarantine' nations then all players were. Not beyond the realms of possibility that Douglas Luiz has visited Brazil for instance or that others have holidayed.

Grealish and McGinn returned pre-quarantine rule. No quarantine on Portugal at the moment. I’m sure the club is on top of where the players are and can get them back to beat a quarantine announcement if necessary!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Targett and Jack played for England U21 at the Toulon Tournament in 2016.

47 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Is there a reason that nobody has snapped up Nathaniel Clyne on a free?

The fact that I never see anyone respond to this question when its asked, is a big hint for me.

Seems discussing him isn't even worth the bandwidth. Lol