Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

45 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

A very intriguing window this, i can't fathom who we'll be in for at all whereas in most other windows you get a little a bit of an idea at some point. There just doesn't appear to be the right type of player that we need available to us as things stand and you can see a huge clamor from us and a whole host of other clubs, some who finished above us by quite some distance too, for the same few players. Some serious scouting needs to be being done if we are to get who we need.... whoever that is!

They are out there.....Its just the average joe, like me, don't know who they are.

We need a striker, even Doris the tea lady knows that, a winger with pace, who can cross the ball.........but I think we need a Barry, Townsend or Richardson in midfield, foragers who can win the ball and who have an eye to start an attack.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

By that logic we should go for David Seaman too. He was England number 1 for 14 years and also has 75 caps.

Joe Hart is only 33 years old, for me, Joe Hart is a better keeper than Reina now, do you disagree Okonokos?

2 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

It remains to be seen how much money Villa have to spend this transfer window, I’ve assumed it’ll be similar to last summer plus anything raised via sales. 
Incoming players that I think would improve us as well as being smart;

(1) Josh King. Immediate starter. Can play across the front 3 roles. Knows the Premier League. I’d imagine he’d be priced around £15-20m as in last year of contract. Other clubs that we probably expect to be pushing next season also reportedly interested. A purchase for us is a dent to opposition clubs. 
(2) Iheanacho. Immediate starter. Pace, Dynamism, and can score. Still young enough (23) to make lots of improvement. Likely cost around £25-30m. 
(3)  Chris Smalling. Immediate starter. Free. Apparently hasn’t been able to agree terms at Roma. Could be a superb partner next to Mings. Wealth of experience. 
(4) Ismaila Sarr. Immediate starter. Can play across the front 3. Excellent 1st Premier League season. Likely cost £35-40m. 
(5) Ryan Fraser. Free. Good competition for the left hand side/wing position. Undoubtedly an upgrade on Trezeguet or ElGhazi. Could easily be a starter. Obtaining Fraser also stops rival clubs making progress. 
(6) Joe Hart. Free. Don’t laugh. One season deal. Short term cover. Free. Yes, I mentioned free twice. 
(7) Nampalys Mendy. Free. Cover for defensive midfield. 
(8) Danny Rose. Year left on contract. I would think maybe £10-15m to get. Would likely be in front of Targett, could force Targett to raise levels. Loads of experience. Good for at least another couple of seasons. 

Here’s your potential starting lineup for September having spent in the region of £100m.  I’m assuming Heaton and Wesley not available.

..............................Hart.........................

Konsa......Smalling.....Mings........Rose

............................Luiz............................

.............McGinn..............Grealish...........

.....Sarr............Iheanacho..........King.....

Football manager save 2021

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I disagree, he’d be a better option than Reina for me

No I don't think so. Reina is the better option at the moment. He has actually played a game of football in the last 18 months. Joe Hart made a career out of having a good posture and seeming confident and authoritative. SInce people cottoned on to him, the confidence has wained and he hasn't been very good at all.

Add to that how much is expected of goalkeepers with being able to use their feet (the exact reason Pep got rid of him) and you have a very substandard keeper in Joe Hart.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 3

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

but we wouldn't have even bothered with reina if heaton hadn't gotten injured. if he's not fit by the first game he's only going to miss a handful of games max, in which either steer or nyland can cover. heaton is 5 times the keeper hart is. burnley didn't even bother to keep him during lockdown and let him go in june

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d take him definitely, he might not as good as he used to be but he’s still a very good keeper. A keeper that was England’s number 1 for 10 years and has 75 international caps is not ‘****’

That was then and this is now though.

Who else is in this illustrious dream team of yours anyway?

So far we've got Joe Hart and also Origi in attack. I'm intrigued to know more.

Have you grabbed Daniel Sturridge yet?

• Haha 1

Joe Hart is only 33 years old, for me, Joe Hart is a better keeper than Reina now, do you disagree Okonokos?

Joe Hart might once have had the potential to be a top keeper, which Reina undoubtedly has been, but he needed to cut out the clangers and improve his reading of the game. He didn't and he's less of a keeper now than he was 10 years ago. Big no from me.

What is this even based on?  Hart has largely been garbage for a few years now.  He's currently third choice at Burnley and completely out of the running for an England spot.

He's absolutely done.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You also highly rate Danny Drinkbeer as well who is a pile of shit 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I know Reina isn't what he was 5 years ago but whatever he, Mings and Konsa were doing worked after the lockdown.  Our organisation and general defending was so much better so I would be happy to see Reina fill in until Heaton is back.  Hart seems to have hit a real trough with his form and would probably take a lot longer to get his confidence back.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That was then and this is now though.

Who else is in this illustrious dream team of yours anyway?

So far we've got Joe Hart and also Origi in attack. I'm intrigued to know more.

Have you grabbed Daniel Sturridge yet?

Chris Brunt and Shaun Wright Phillips down the flanks

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

By that logic we should go for David Seaman too. He was England number 1 for 14 years and also has 75 caps.

I say we go all out and get Peter Shilton. He would be a handy No.2 to have with his 125 caps.

• Haha 2

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I say we go all out and get Peter Shilton. He would be a handy No.2 to have with his 125 caps.

Probably steadier than Nyland or Hart in fairness. Just needs to avoid pint sized Argentinians that can outjump him 😉

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Joe Hart was outstanding in his prime. But sadly something seems to have gone wrong for him now and he is pretty much finished as a footballer. He hasn't been PL standard for at least 3 years, and that's being generous. Reina is the better option.

If Hart wants to try and resurrect his career he should go back to his boyhood club Shrewsbury. But sadly money will dictate so I either see him going to America or China or just disappearing completely.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

How much would David Brooks cost? Can’t imagine that he’ll be more than 25m. 20m would be fantastic for him.

I'd absolutely love to sign him. We should be all over him. I'd pay up to £35m if necessary.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

Guilbert can have good games and some horror shows......Targett lets his winger get crosses in too easily, he stands off, instead of making life difficult for his opponent, better going forward, but thats not enough, at this level.

They are both good players in my opinion.

Hopefully we can continue to coach them to defend more effectively.

Its the guys in front of them that need improvement. Better wingers please!