Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I can't see Liverpool letting Origi go. He has surprisingly good states and scored some key goals for them.

I think he would have better options and the fee is likely to be close to £50m.

Not even Bournemouth would pay £50m for Origi

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Love it when the ITKs go in on each other - who to believe? Hahaha. 

'Agent Villa FC'           :crylaugh:

If Villa have placed a bid for him then I wouldn't mind him coming in as a squad player. No more than £9m though if the link is true.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

It's all a little too quiet for my liking... 

Pretty much every signing last summer (except the expected mings and el ghazi) came out of the blue. No clues, press briefings or rumours before. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

... Van Dijk have PL experience?

I hate the phrase as well, however, Van Dijk was at Scumpton - he also did a crap job at being a London Chimney Sweep

• Haha 1

I don't care if signings have PL experience or not, but they need to be quality, we need current ability, not potential, in this window.

(I mean quality for our 4 or 5 main signings, don't mind some cheaper potential additions, I'm talking about our primary signings)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

I can't see Liverpool letting Origi go. He has surprisingly good states and scored some key goals for them.

I think he would have better options and the fee is likely to be close to £50m.

They have Brewster who could also provide cover. I think if they are prepared to sell, then £30m might be the fee. He has scored some superb goals for them when he's played, but I think he and we, might be looking elsewhere for new clubs/players.  

Origi screams West Ham to me. If he played for Man Utd, it'd be Everton. Some desperate club who don't do their homework will throw 30m or so at Liverpool, who'll laugh all the way to bank. 

He's fine where he is, as a bit-part player who can run around and score from time to time - but he's not a starting quality forward for any club in the prem IMO. 

• Thanks 1

yeah the premier league experience requirement is about a year too late IMO. but i do think it's important for a striker though. been a lot of strikers that have come over here and failed.

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

straight away and don't need 6 months to settle in

If we were able to know this in advance we'd have the best scouting system in world football...

Edited by Steero113

2 hours ago, deeps said:

Chelsea reportedly letting Barkley, Batshuayi and Zouma go. Big wages but wouldn’t mind any of these. All would improve us. 

I stand by the fact that Tammy is a non starter. Not happening. 

Do a triple deal for £52.75m, get it done quick time.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Pretty much every signing last summer (except the expected mings and el ghazi) came out of the blue. No clues, press briefings or rumours before. 

Trezeguet was touted as on the cards for about 10 days before we signed him, but yeah the principle is right. We have no ITK's anymore and I actually prefer having a system where our board/management are busy in the background and we only get to hear about it once its something real. 

Cursed it now, incoming Glenn Murray announcement.... 😂

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

(3)  Chris Smalling. Immediate starter. Free. Apparently hasn’t been able to agree terms at Roma. Could be a superb partner next to Mings. Wealth of experience. 

As I believe @Zatman and I have mentioned before, he's got something like 2 years left to run on his contract; Roma are yet to agree a fee with the club, not the player.  Even if the Roma move falls through, he won't be free and will likely have more attractive options than Villa.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep.

The top or more successful teams do fine without signing players with PL experience.

Quite tired of the phrase tbh, there’s a fair bit of (overpaid, overrated and over valued) crap in the league too (e.g. Drinkwater) 

How much PL experience did Liverpool acquire to end up winning the league? Did Allison and Van Dijk have PL experience?

Wolves have signed players from abroad (Portugal) that have turned them into pretty much a top 6 team. They upset the league as soon as they were promoted really and I don’t see many players there that have or had PL experience. They scouted and signed talented players, it’s as simple as that.

Chelsea have always signed players from abroad that have turned out really well (Pulisic looks good now, Hazard previously, Willian - too many examples to list).

Man U have been transformed since they signed Bruno Fernandes...PL experience?

I could go on and on, just look at the most successful teams. I’m not saying we could be the same (not anytime soon anyway) but it kind of blows away this theory that “all you need is PL experience”

Aguero? No pl experience

Aubameyang? No pl experience 

Jimenez? No pl experience 

David Silva? No pl experience 

The majority of the best players in the league have come from abroad anyway! Henry? Bergkamp? Zola? Ronaldo?

Where did Leicester get Kante & Mahrez from?

Look how Wenger came in & transformed Arsenal. 

And so on and so on... too many examples of teams and players to list.

It may seem like I’m oversimplifying but the point still stands. Wolves is probably the better or most relevant example as they haven’t won anything yet but they have disrupted and upset the “normal order” and they’ve done it by getting talented players (and a talented manager) in from abroad! The means may be questionable 😆 but they have succeeded and continue to...

We just need top quality players no matter where they come from. The more successful players tend to have stronger personalities and character anyway and have greater capability to adapt. Players used to fighting for something and competing along with displaying their obvious talent. That’s what we need.

I actually think targeting pretty much any player with any PL experience is “small-time”

We need to bring about a big/bigger club mentality (within the fans as well as those in charge) and show some ambition and intent.

Some of the suggestions honestly make me despair at times. Not bad players per se but if that’s the kind we’re after then we’ll never really progress and be successful.

E.g. Benteke, Albrighton, Lolley & f****** Troy Deeney???!!!!

Come on guys...seriously?! 🤣

And you did! I kind of expected  you to wrap it up there.😂

Top post though.

• Haha 2