Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Chelsea reportedly letting Barkley, Batshuayi and Zouma go. Big wages but wouldn’t mind any of these. All would improve us. 

I stand by the fact that Tammy is a non starter. Not happening. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It's quite funny. A lot of people here in Germany don't rate him. I don't see why they don't. I think he is very good but some friends of mine were lauhging at the transfer fee saying Chelsea got done.

Im not the greatest fan, he is very good but not elite for me. Misses too many chances especially in the big games 

He is also not liked so much in Germany because of his diving

Just now, deeps said:

Chelsea reportedly letting Barkley, Batshuayi and Zouma go. Big wages but wouldn’t mind any of these. All would improve us. 

I stand by the fact that Tammy is a non starter. Not happening. 

Would rather Iheanacho over Batshuayi tbh. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's all a little too quiet for my liking... 

I think you might find us being active towards the end of the week, after the play-off final if it goes a certain way

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just briefly looking at the data, it showed me 15 players defined as strikers had ever been bought in the PL for more than £ 40 million. Of those only 2 have gone outside the usual suspects. I read that list very fast, so might be some errors in there both ways, but £ 40 million is big big money for any player for teams outside the CL funds. 

I’m not getting into this again.

• Haha 1

-------------------------Heaton---------------------------

---------------Konsa-Zouma-Mings----------------

Guilbert---------------Luiz------------------Targett

------------Barkley--------------McGinn------------

------------------------Grealish---------------------------

-----------------------Batshuayi--------------------------

Looks better already.

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

We will not be buying Chelsea's 22-year old english top scorer this window, the money that would be required would be eye-watering.

Seriously.

I don't understand why people think Tammy is an option.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I have some reservations about Tammy, love him though I do, but it would represent very sensible business at that fee. You know what you are getting with him, it removes an element of risk from the signing.

Exactly. Nothing is risk free but he knows the club, the players , the area, the fans. Nice down to earth kid too  He as about as plug & play as you could wish for.

The ability to hit the ground running cannot be underestimated in this shortened pre-season . 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tbh I'm not sure Chelsea would sell Tammy for £40m so most of this chat is futile. I hope their Havertz move happens very soon so the chances increase.

they might if they put a buyback in place for say £60m.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is actually a very valid point.
I don't think our defense is great, but it's nowhere near as bad as the stats suggest because I think we are being hit too often from positions we shouldn't be. Ask yourself this, how many times do we have the ball in a decent position around the box, only for all of a sudden to be defending on the edge of our own 18 yard box? A lot of these scenarios come about because our wide men or strikers seem to lose the ball when they shouldn't and we get countered. 
I think we're the only team in the league where I shit myself when our wingers have the ball!

And on top of that  we didnt have a quality central defensive midfielder to stop those attacks.

11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

-------------------------Heaton---------------------------

---------------Konsa-Zouma-Mings----------------

Guilbert---------------Luiz------------------Targett

------------Barkley--------------McGinn------------

------------------------Grealish---------------------------

-----------------------Batshuayi--------------------------

Looks better already.

No reason to play 3 at the back and there are better players that Batshuayi. Smith will continue with 4 1 4 1 or 4 3 3 with 2 dynamic wingers

• Like 3

Tammy won't be leaving Chelsea, they have champions league football. Yes, he's not going to playing week in week out, but, if Werner isn't firing he will get a chance soon enough. 

We know the mainstream media haven't got a clue who we're after, the likes of Origi and Iheanacho are lazy links imo

We had a prem plan as stated by Smith, I imagine that is already in full flow, bids would have been tabled and I reckon in the next week or so we will see the first through the door

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Everyone has to wait whilst the established top 5-6 clubs hoover up the best picks, then the rest of us can fight over the lower hanging fruit. 

The lower hanging fruit is that which is first /easiest to be picked not the crap left over after the best fruit has gone. It’s like comparing apples and origis

• Haha 4

When you look at the PL goal scorer list, only 6 players outside the Big 6 scored more than 10 goals.  Therefore I feel goal ratios are not so important. We need to identify forwards that keep the opposition honest by helping control possession and being a menace in the attacking third.   That's what our current front line struggles to do.  

• Like 1