Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I don’t know how feasible it is but I’d love us to stop spending £10m here and there on average squad fillers. I know we needed to fill in the gaps in our team one way or another but I’d rather we now gradually build with 2-4 quality players per window. We otherwise just end up with a bunch of players who aren’t worth £10m, who we can’t get rid of and who are paid too much for the championship when we are inevitably relegated. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He would get to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world at one of the best stadia with great players like Bruno Fernandes, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Martial the list goes on. I wouldn’t blame Grealish if he did want to go there

😂😂 You must love that 2015/16 DVD with great players like Drinkwater and Ighalo 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t know how feasible it is but I’d love us to stop spending £10m here and there on average squad fillers. I know we needed to fill in the gaps in our team one way or another but I’d rather we now gradually build with 2-4 quality players per window. We otherwise just end up with a bunch of players who aren’t worth £10m, who we can’t get rid of and who are paid too much for the championship when we are inevitably relegated. 

It's the bollocks you need to find. We could easily pad the squad with a couple of league one/SPL players for £2m each as long as they don't shit themselves when they have to deal with villa park groaning when they misplace their first pass.

We've had many useful players (and managers) recently who just can't deal with it and are rendered useless.

It's possible I agree.

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

😂😂 You must love that 2015/16 DVD with great players like Drinkwater and Ighalo 

4 goals in 8 matches in all competitions this season for Manchester United for Ighalo, he’s rolling back the years ;)

2 hours ago, John said:

I don't see the Snake did us too much of a favour myself. He signed a new contract in January, which increased his wages for the rest of the season and included an £8m release clause, which significantly under valued him and kept his options open. He then moved in the following window for that release clause. Yes, we did get a fee which was around £20m less than his actual worth (less whatever any wage increase/signing on fee cost us). For me, it was mainly him that he did a favour for. 

Axel, should have known better than to sign another contract that tied him to a club that really only wanted him as a bench warmer and then to make more money on him when they eventually deemed to offload him. I feel sorry for the lad really and I also wouldn't say no to bringing him back, if the price was right and he was up for it.     

2 hours ago, John said:

I don't see the Snake did us too much of a favour myself. He signed a new contract in January, which increased his wages for the rest of the season and included an £8m release clause, which significantly under valued him and kept his options open. He then moved in the following window for that release clause. Yes, we did get a fee which was around £20m less than his actual worth (less whatever any wage increase/signing on fee cost us). For me, it was mainly him that he did a favour for. 

Axel, should have known better than to sign another contract that tied him to a club that really only wanted him as a bench warmer and then to make more money on him when they eventually deemed to offload him. I feel sorry for the lad really and I also wouldn't say no to bringing him back, if the price was right and he was up for it.     

I don’t think he did us a big favour John and I certainly don’t want to come across as offering him any support. I don’t think he signed that contract with anyone but himself in mind. So me saying he did us a favour was probably a misjudged use of words, but that wasn’t the point of my post. What I was trying to say was that lots of footballers sign new contracts to hedge their bets and perhaps some even do it with their club in mind to at least allow some form of a fee. I’m not saying the Snake did that, but we did get £8m when we could have got nothing.

Just so there’s no doubt in your mind, I have nothing but utter contempt for the slithering, odious creep. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If we got Axel and an experienced head, we’d have too many centre backs and 1 or 2 would want out I think

Plan from me would be just to loan out Hause or even Konsa. Chester is going anyway.

Axel can cover at RB don't forget so he could play plenty of games in that position if Gulibert dosen't get going again.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Plan from me would be just to loan out Hause or even Konsa. Chester is going anyway.

Axel can cover at RB don't forget so he could play plenty of games in that position if Gulibert dosen't get going again.

I can’t see us loaning out a £12m centre back (Konsa), I agree with the second bit but I think Tuanzebe will want to play in his natural position of centre back

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He would get to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world at one of the best stadia with great players like Bruno Fernandes, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Martial the list goes on. I wouldn’t blame Grealish if he did want to go there

He's already playing for one of the biggest clubs in the UK and our stadium isn't too shabby. Fernandes, Ighalo and Martial, aren't quite Best, Law and Charlton or even Scholes, Giggs and Beckham, are they? Jack's already playing with Mings, McGinn and himself, so I wouldn't blame him if he decided to stay where he is. Somebody had to take the bait and I couldn't let it lie...😉😇

11 hours ago, John said:

He's already playing for one of the biggest clubs in the UK and our stadium isn't too shabby. Fernandes, Ighalo and Martial, aren't quite Best, Law and Charlton or even Scholes, Giggs and Beckham, are they? Jack's already playing with Mings, McGinn and himself, so I wouldn't blame him if he decided to stay where he is. Somebody had to take the bait and I couldn't let it lie...😉😇

They’re not Best, Law and Charlton but they’re still very good players. Best, Law and Charlton are 3 of the best players of all time. Haha fishing for a reaction then?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Haha 1

Have my suspicions that Man Utd will offer Tuanzebe and Lingard Plus £ for Grealish but personally I’d prefer straight £££ and no casts offs... God I hope we stay up as we really need to add much needed balance and additional quality to the team. 

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Have my suspicions that Man Utd will offer Tuanzebe and Lingard Plus £ for Grealish but personally I’d prefer straight £££ and no casts offs... God I hope we stay up as we really need to add much needed balance and additional quality to the team. 

Tuanzebe, Lingard and £80m, might just be somewhere near our asking price, but I doubt that Jack would want to leave us. 😉

9 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Taking Lingard as part of any Grealish transfer feels like the Stephen Ireland deal all over again.  No thanks.  If Grealish goes, I would want a straight cash deal.

I would take tuanzebe plus cash, but no way would I want lingard.

But yeah, cash is king.

Tuanzebe is not the kind of CB we need and Lingard is not the type of player any club in the world needs.

Lingard is the poster boy of a nothing player. He is not actually good at anything. Not poor at everything, just not good at anything.

Cash is king, and then spend it on players who are value for money and who fill the gaps we have.

22 hours ago, Spoony said:

The main question is with whatever happening right now, who the £10m are going to get you?

I think the whole numbers are going to change. The amount of spending will reduce therefore the players prices will reduce aswell.

The most benefited team is Chelsea, As they were banned from transfers for around a year.

What I’m afraid of is that we sell Jack with a little amount because of what’s happening. If the window was like last season I think we’d easily demand £70-80m. 

If we stayed up and the season got voided and we didn’t have a proper bids I’d keep him and be clever by just adding 2-3 players to the squad. I think a DM and a winger are a must. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Tuanzebe is not the kind of CB we need and Lingard is not the type of player any club in the world needs.

Lingard is the poster boy of a nothing player. He is not actually good at anything. Not poor at everything, just not good at anything.

Cash is king, and then spend it on players who are value for money and who fill the gaps we have.

Why isn’t Tuanzebe the kind of centre back we need? Because he’s not good in the air? He’s good at everything else. I’d take Lingard here, he’d be perfect for us

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why isn’t Tuanzebe the kind of centre back we need? Because he’s not good in the air? He’s good at everything else. I’d take Lingard here, he’d be perfect for us

Lingard and Drinkwater are your type of players?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

The amount of spending will reduce therefore the players prices will reduce as well. 

Good luck with explaining that to the likes of Levy. ;)

It's exactly what clubs would have tried with us in the past, but I'm confident that our present owners are more likely to use it themselves, rather than drop our asking prices having had it used on them.

You are quite right to pose the question of what £10m might now get us. I'm now busy wondering what 4 or 5 x £25m, could now bring into our club....:)  

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Lingard and Drinkwater are your type of players?

Lingard needs to leave Manchester United to save his career I think. I think he has lot of talent, he can get goals from midfield but he loves United 

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d take Lingard here, he’d be perfect for us

nah Lingard has gone, he's on the same slippery slope that several ex utd and arsenal players take, he's made a tonne of cash, lived the high life and now he'll have to slum it in mid table for a paltry £80k a week

he's got the same career path as Theo Walcott 

• Like 2