Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Anyone watched Patrick Roberts recently ... Very highly rated at Fulham and did well at Celtic ... Still only 23 and reportedly available for £3 mill ... Maybe it would make sense to sell Trez and poss replace him with Roberts. Thoughts...? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Anyone watched Patrick Roberts recently ... Very highly rated at Fulham and did well at Celtic ... Still only 23 and reportedly available for £3 mill ... Maybe it would make sense to sell Trez and poss replace him with Roberts. Thoughts...? 

He can't get a game at Norwich or is it Middlesbrough? Another who made a stupid move early 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He can't get a game at Norwich or is it Middlesbrough? Another who made a stupid move early 

He is currently injured and is at Middlesbrough... Cannot be worse than Trez and if we can pick him up for under £5mill and sell Trez for close to what we paid would make puns business sense to me. 

21 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He is currently injured and is at Middlesbrough... Cannot be worse than Trez and if we can pick him up for under £5mill and sell Trez for close to what we paid would make puns business sense to me. 

But shouldn't we aim to improve the squad? And by quite a bit in that particular position.

We need a winger with top half PL ability.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

But shouldn't we aim to improve the squad? And by quite a bit in that particular position.

If the player has top half ability, why would he come to us?

15 minutes ago, sne said:

I agree and thats  why I asked if people knew how his form has been these past couple of seasons. Rashica would be the dream next level signing but I feel we aren’t at that level to compete for that type of player just yet especially with plop and Dortmund reportedly interested as well. 

Falque is someone who I'd be looking at who can play wide and is a good goal threat.

Previously playing in this country for Spurs and Southampton but he was very young then.

Since he moved to Torino from Roma in 2016 he's scored 12 in Serie A in 16/17, 12 the following season and 6 last season (only played 26 games). Pretty good scoring record when they have Belotti as their main forward.

Hardly played this season due to injury and given he turned 30 in January I reckon Torino would let him go for a cheap fee. Tomas Rincon also plays for them. 32 but has vast experience as central midfielder or at right back playing for many teams in Italy, perhaps a year's loan when everything restarts.

Being a bit more ambitious and going for someone younger, perhaps guys like Hirvin Lozano and Younes who are both at Napoli but on the fringes of things. Thought Younes was great at Ajax the year they reached the europa final.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If the player has top half ability, why would he come to us?

If he's already at a top club it won't happen, but.

PL money alone gives a leg up on most clubs in the world, we can offer wages only a very limited number of clubs can. A lot of those clubs already have quality players in the positions we are after. Or are looking at even higher profile ones. 

There are still very talented players who have not been picked up by bigger clubs and while we won't be top of the list of clubs to move to the PL will be a draw.

A higher profile manager would likely help and I doubt many young players have a clue what Aston Villa are or from what town anymore. But they can Google it if their agents brings them an offer.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

If he's already at a top club it won't happen, but.

PL money alone gives a leg up on most clubs in the world, we can offer wages only a very limited number of clubs can. A lot of those clubs already have quality players in the positions we are after. Or are looking at even higher profile ones. 

There are still very talented players who have not been picked up by bigger clubs and while we won't be top of the list of clubs to move to the PL will be a draw.

A higher profile manager would likely help and I doubt many young players have a clue what Aston Villa are or from what town anymore. But they can Google it if their agents brings them an offer.

Are you not happy with Smith then?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are you not happy with Smith then?

Last season was excellent.

Going forward and his ability to transform us into a top half PL side I'm not so sure. I think he is one of the weakest managers in the league, partly down to inexperience.

As for this season so far.

Not great, not terrible - chernobyl post - Imgur

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Boumasbabies said:

Triple move for Norwich players.

Lewis, Godfrey and Buendia.

45 mil prob for 3

Buendia has been linked and is worth a go if/when Grealish leaves. Not as direct replacement but that's an example of improving the squad as he's better than Jota at this level.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2020 at 06:22, Enda said:

Egyptian journalist on Twitter. No idea how legitimate he is, but he’s got 60k followers. You’ll need to translate it but it says Newcastle have submitted a bid for Trez.

Is the window even open for bids?

I want Villa to take the old school approach of getting the spine of the team right this summer. We padded the squad last year and we all know where the weaknesses are now.

So spend the approx 100/140 million from Sky on 3 top players that can go straight into the first team.

30 Million on a center back (partner to Mings)
30 Million on a holding midfielder
30 Million on a winger / goal scoring inside forward

Take 2/3 gambles with the remaining 30/40 million. Grealish has to stay with a pay-rise and a gentlemen's handshake that if we aren't progressing by the end of next season he can leave with our blessing and heartfelt thanks for getting us back to the PL.

• Like 1