Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

On 09/04/2020 at 18:15, KenjiOgiwara said:

No he isn't.  Anyone that actually watches football knows this. If we get relegated I'd do a hefty wager to VT that Wesley won't even do the business in the chsmpionship. 

And no Engels isn't better than Webster, but if that's your opinuon, feel free. 

Riiiiightio

Wesley is a bust but Adams (who if I’m correct hasn’t even scored a PL goal) is better.

Wonder what planet you’re on sometimes man.

On 09/04/2020 at 18:15, KenjiOgiwara said:

No he isn't.  Anyone that actually watches football knows this. If we get relegated I'd do a hefty wager to VT that Wesley won't even do the business in the chsmpionship. 

And no Engels isn't better than Webster, but if that's your opinuon, feel free. 

I’ll take that wager. Let’s call it a £500? 

We need to define what ‘doing the business’ it though? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Riiiiightio

Wesley is a bust but Adams (who if I’m correct hasn’t even scored a PL goal) is better.

Wonder what planet you’re on sometimes man.

Probably on the same planet as people that claim another one of our players won’t cut it in the championship even though he has managed to score a goal against 4 of the top 5 teams in the league. 

I don’t rate said player but I think people seem to forget how big the gulf in quality is between the two league. Albert Adomah thrived in that league ffs!

Samatta will be first choice striker even when Wes is fit and I think he'd stay even if we went down. Guess we could shift to a 4-4-2 but would prefer a Gayle/lolley to also be signed to give that extra firepower you need.

Way it should've been in the summer.

We could really show our intent and blow other clubs out of the water, with a cheeky bid for Harry Kane, who is reported to be available for £200m in the press today.

When I say "cheeky" I mean just that, something like "Hi Daniel, its Aston Villa here, remember we spoke about Jack Grealish a couple of years ago. Well, we hear you're a bit cash strapped yourself just now, so we are prepared to make a take it or leave it £50m offer for Harry Kane today. Go on you know you want to..." I would really love to see Levy's face as the tables are turned and we make a derisory offer to him, for a change. :crylaugh:

With my serious hat on again, in a buyer's market, I think we could sign 4 PL quality players for £100m or less, when the window is open. That's assuming we are still in the PL, our owners are willing to roll the financial dice again and that FFP will be relaxed.  ;)   

Edited by John

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Quality, out of contract and available for a tribunal arranged (cheap) fee. He's be perfect for us.

Sadly I think he's going to Palace.

Funny enough Palace & West Ham are after Josh Maja for around £10mil from Bordeaux.

Palace released him when he was  in their academy.

Palace seem to be after everyone right now :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I'd love us to sign Nathan Ferguson from Baggies.. @VillaChris

He's quality!

Isn't Furlong supposed to be decent aswell?

Thing is though you watch West Brom and even when they play well they're still pretty easy to score against. Got plodders like Kyle Bartley and Ajayi at CB who can't run much and a slow central midfield.

• Like 1

j

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Isn't Furlong supposed to be decent aswell?

Thing is though you watch West Brom and even when they play well they're still pretty easy to score against. Got plodders like Kyle Bartley and Ajayi at CB who can't run much and a slow central midfield.

Darnell Furlong.. na i don't rate him! he had decent potential at QPR but never forfilled it. I remember his dad plodding about in 90's.. Paul Furlong at clubs like QPR, Blues, Coventry, Chelsea & Watford :D 

Semi Ajayi is a decent player,. he's been one of their best player's this season. Been solid. Just my view of course. He's better at playing Defensive Midfielder than Centre Back. But a good player.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Palace had a deal arranged for Ferguson in January but he got an injury - I'd be surprised if he went anywhere else - although I'd love to see him here.

You knows it mate!! Get that kid signed up :) Hopefully Steve Hopcroft & Mark Harrison have a word :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Seen some article saying Bruce planning 30 mill raid for mcGinn, for one  Newcastle can get stuffed and two, they can pay more than 30 million if they desperately want him.

McGinn for me is as critical to the future of Villa as Jack is. We need to hold onto both Jack and John as long as possible and make teams pay over the odds for them like they would do to us if we were to buy one of there first eleven players.

Really hope our Owners get some cash ready and we can bring in some real sweet players in the midfield and Winger areas, I've a feeling if we don't we won't hold onto our stars who do put there passion into the sport. We need to show how serious we are in this sport again once football is back on, let's find those gems and buy those players who don't collapse under pressure, we need some real play makers, ball winners and creative midfielders. If we to make Wingers work we especially need Wingers who are dominant on the flanks, we need to see much more than what we have from our current Wingers as it's not been anywhere near enough.

Recruitment can be done right, but we can't mess about any longer the Owners have to tell those in charge that it's there head if they don't get it right, I'd like to see a tougher stance from our Owners now, no tolerance to stupidity.

• Like 3

I would love us to go in for four players:

Smalling

Tuanzebe

Castagne

Buendia

Line up in a high pressing 3-4-2-1 and play the game in the oppositions half with our wings backs pushed up, Tuanzebe in the middle of a 3 so he can come out of defence to support the midfield. Mings and Smalling being solid at the back. 

Heaton

Smalling Tuanzebe Mings

Castagne McGinn Nakamba Targett

Buendia Grealish

Samatta 

Subs: Nyland, Konsa, Guilbert, Luiz, El Ghazi, Trez, Wesley

Sold: Jota, Taylor, Elmo, Lansbury 

Its going to be a dead market with maybe only 2 percent of clubs worldwide affording players. The days of huge transfers and wages are gone. I wouldn't be surprised if the loan rules are relaxed. We could be along with them 2 percent if our owners dont lose as much personal wealth. 

Real losers in this market will be agents 😂😂

Assuming we don't have to replace Jack or SJM, one experienced, physical holding mid and at least one consistently quality winger or attacking mid would go a long way for us. Afterwards, I'd be looking for upgrades on Taylor/Elmo at a minimum if not on Guilbert/Targett, then, if anything's left, look for an older head for the center of defense and let Hause or Konsa go out on loan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

I would love us to go in for four players:

Smalling

Tuanzebe

Castagne

Buendia

Line up in a high pressing 3-4-2-1 and play the game in the oppositions half with our wings backs pushed up, Tuanzebe in the middle of a 3 so he can come out of defence to support the midfield. Mings and Smalling being solid at the back. 

Heaton

Smalling Tuanzebe Mings

Castagne McGinn Nakamba Targett

Buendia Grealish

Samatta 

Subs: Nyland, Konsa, Guilbert, Luiz, El Ghazi, Trez, Wesley

Sold: Jota, Taylor, Elmo, Lansbury 

I think it is unlikely that we will sign 2 centre backs from 1 team (Smalling and Tuanzebe from Manchester United). We should’ve gone in for Tuanzebe last Summer after his loan with us finished. They are great players though, no doubt.

Also, I’d take Buendia, he shouldn’t cost too much. Is Castagne that much of an improvement over Guilbert? I don’t know anything about him

Assuming the league does get finished, which will be really, really late, they are surely going to have to leave the transfer window open well into next season, maybe just leave it open till January. 

Look at us, unknowing if we will be relegated or not.  We won't be able to plan or negotiate transfers until our fate is known.  It wouldn't be fair to then give just 2 weeks or something to get the squad together.

It's also highly unlikely any new signings will be able to participate in whatever pre season there will be time for. 

Smalling has played really well at roma and is only going back to utd because they can't afford him, if he leaves it'll be a decent size club

Tuanzebe I'm still sour over, his season (or lack of) was predictable, should never have signed that contract, if we go for him and they demand north of £12m we have to walk away and accept he **** it up, I can imagine utd wanting mings money for him which is a no goer, not even on loan for me 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Smalling has played really well at roma and is only going back to utd because they can't afford him, if he leaves it'll be a decent size club

Tuanzebe I'm still sour over, his season (or lack of) was predictable, should never have signed that contract, if we go for him and they demand north of £12m we have to walk away and accept he **** it up, I can imagine utd wanting mings money for him which is a no goer, not even on loan for me 

I’d pay it for him, he showed his potential with us last season I thought