Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Is the window even open for bids?

You can bid and sign players whenever you want, but you can only register them to play for the club during the windows.

Edited by sne

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I want Villa to take the old school approach of getting the spine of the team right this summer. We padded the squad last year and we all know where the weaknesses are now.

So spend the approx 100/140 million from Sky on 3 top players that can go straight into the first team.

30 Million on a center back (partner to Mings)
30 Million on a holding midfielder
30 Million on a winger / goal scoring inside forward

Take 2/3 gambles with the remaining 30/40 million. Grealish has to stay with a pay-rise and a gentlemen's handshake that if we aren't progressing by the end of next season he can leave with our blessing and heartfelt thanks for getting us back to the PL.

Do you think 3 £30 million players are going to come to us?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Hardly played this season due to injury and given he turned 30 in January I reckon Torino would let him go for a cheap fee. Tomas Rincon also plays for them. 32 but has vast experience as central midfielder or at right back playing for many teams in Italy, perhaps a year's loan when everything restarts.

Being a bit more ambitious and going for someone younger, perhaps guys like Hirvin Lozano and Younes who are both at Napoli but on the fringes of things. Thought Younes was great at Ajax the year they reached the europa final.

Rincon would be awful in the Premier League, he is a walking yellow card in Italy and would probably end up like another Sanchez

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Think the key is that they should be £30m level ability an the pitch players.

The actual fee is less important, as in it would be great if we could find these players for less.

Joelinton and Haller have not turned out to be £40m value players and Wesley has not been worth £22m.

But there are value for money players out there. And even better if we can pick up some bargains.

With a bit of luck and good scouting you can pick up a £70m player for £30m. The £55m Manure payed for Bruno Fernandes looks like the bargain of the decade so far. (early days yet :D )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

The actual fee is less important, as in it would be great if we could find these players for less.

Joelinton and Haller have not turned out to be £40m value players and Wesley has not been worth £22m.

But there are value for money players out there. And even better if we can pick up some bargains.

With a bit of luck and good scouting you can pick up a £70m player for £30m. The £55m Manure payed for Bruno Fernandes looks like the bargain of the decade so far. (early days yet :D )

Spot on.

its the calibre of the player.....not the fee.

its good scouting and contacts thats paramount.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

We’ve paid £2.5m for McGinn while he’s worth around £25-30m in the market today. 👍🏻

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

You can bid and sign players whenever you want, but you can only register them to play for the club during the windows.

I don’t think it’s allowed to sign during the season, or atleast it’s not common for a reason.

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

As @sne & @TRO said, I think it's that calibre of player that we need to aim for. To be precise, 3 players like that to build the spine of the team. Heaton & Reina are both top keepers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

As @sne & @TRO said, I think it's that calibre of player that we need to aim for. To be precise, 3 players like that to build the spine of the team. Heaton & Reina are both top keepers.

We won’t be able to attract that kind of player in our current predicament though :(

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We’ve paid £2.5m for McGinn while he’s worth around £25-30m in the market today. 👍🏻

I think you're underestimating his worth a bit. I would say nearer £45-50m and someone like Levy would ask for more than that.

We can't afford to let players go for less than a like for like replacement would cost us and I don't think that our owners will. He's not for sale in any case, I think that we're no longer a selling club, unless relegation and players wanting away, both force us to listen to realistic bids. It's not a seller's market currently, so I would hope we would be loathe to listen to bids for our crown jewels as well.

Having said that, I fully appreciate that you are using John, as an example of the type of players that can be picked up economically, when the right recruitment plan is in place. I look forward to us making more value for money signings like this, but gems like McGinn are rarely found, priced so cheaply.😉

4 hours ago, John said:

I think you're underestimating his worth a bit. I would say nearer £45-50m and someone like Levy would ask for more than that.

We can't afford to let players go for less than a like for like replacement would cost us and I don't think that our owners will. He's not for sale in any case, I think that we're no longer a selling club, unless relegation and players wanting away, both force us to listen to realistic bids. It's not a seller's market currently, so I would hope we would be loathe to listen to bids for our crown jewels as well.

Having said that, I fully appreciate that you are using John, as an example of the type of players that can be picked up economically, when the right recruitment plan is in place. I look forward to us making more value for money signings like this, but gems like McGinn are rarely found, priced so cheaply.😉

To be honest I won’t let him go, and the price tag won’t be less than what you’re saying. I just said an acceptable amount so no one says it’s unrealistic as I wanted to show that there are a proper gems around.

Yes they’re rarely found, but our best three players (arguably) in the last decade are:

Benteke: £4m

Grealish: Academy

McGinn: £2.5m

I’d add Delph, Vlaar, Mings, and can’t remember who else, but most of them weren’t from those who we spend a big amount on them (apart from Mings who’s originally a loanee).

Delph costed some amount by then, otherwise thats it.

Ofcourse before that we had Milner, Young, Downing all whom which we spent good money on them. But again we spent similar or more amount to some others as Beye, Davis....etc which all didn’t work.

• Like 1

Would be typical Villa to be relegated just as the bottom falls out of the transfer market meaning we get only a fraction of the money for the players we are forced to sell.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, sne said:

Would be typical Villa to be relegated just as the bottom falls out of the transfer market meaning we get only a fraction of the money for the players we are forced to sell.

Would we be forced to sell? My guess is FFP may go by the wayside for a season or two so might well be better keeping our players

1 minute ago, picicata said:

Would we be forced to sell? My guess is FFP may go by the wayside for a season or two so might well be better keeping our players

I imagine a bunch of our players would want to leave should we get relegated meaning we'll be "forced" to sell them.

Also doubt our owners would want to cover our massive wage budget out of pocket when we lose £100m or so of TV money. The parachute money would barely have us break even. 

Sure they'll keep us afloat but I imagine they are hemorrhaging money atm just like every other business.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

I imagine a bunch of our players would want to leave should we get relegated meaning we'll be "forced" to sell them.

Also doubt our owners would want to cover our massive wage budget out of pocket when we lose £100m or so of TV money. The parachute money would barely have us break even. 

Sure they'll keep us afloat but I imagine they are hemorrhaging money atm just like every other business.

Balls to the players, make 'em stay! They'll get over it 👍

• Like 1

Not sure how true this is but someone told me signing a prospect like  Bellingham for example doesn’t  count towards FFP as you can claim his signing as academy expenditure and therefore wouldn’t count and can used to offset any FFP losses ? I’m not saying we stand a chance of signing him and not sure if the above is even true. anyone know if this is indeed the case ?

8 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

To be honest I won’t let him go, and the price tag won’t be less than what you’re saying. I just said an acceptable amount so no one says it’s unrealistic as I wanted to show that there are a proper gems around.

Yes they’re rarely found, but our best three players (arguably) in the last decade are:

Benteke: £4m

Grealish: Academy

McGinn: £2.5m

I’d add Delph, Vlaar, Mings, and can’t remember who else, but most of them weren’t from those who we spend a big amount on them (apart from Mings who’s originally a loanee).

Delph costed some amount by then, otherwise thats it.

Ofcourse before that we had Milner, Young, Downing all whom which we spent good money on them. But again we spent similar or more amount to some others as Beye, Davis....etc which all didn’t work.

There are always Gems around, and there always will be.

The trick is finding them, some clubs are clearly better at it than others.

We have actually had some success over the years with this method....i.e Yorke, Barry, Gidman,Gray, McGinn, Platt and more.

Some of our most successful players have been found this way, its just difficult to do in volume.

• Like 1

We won't be forced to sell any player anymore, unless their contract is up or don't want to play for us anymore( who wants unhappy players).....my understanding is we don't have to sell, like we used to.

Its more to do with capitalising on market value, which is a club judgment.

If we go down, these players have created that as a group, its their job to get us back, with strengthening from the club, of course.

• Like 1