Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Out of our midfielders I'd say Hourihane, Jota, Trez, Lansbury and Drinkwater (at present ability) are not PL quality. And El Ghazi is squad player level.

Nakamba, Luiz are about lower half PL quality with potential to improve, McGinn mid table and Grealish top 6 level.

I’d agree with you 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who don’t you think is Premier League quality?

Genuinly think we got 5 PL footballers in our entire team. Mings, Grealish, McGinn, Sama, Heaton. Suppose you could also argue Nakamba, Guilbert, Luiz and Targett, but I think they are still a bit off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Genuinly think we got 5 PL footballers in our entire team. Mings, Grealish, McGinn, Sama, Heaton. Suppose you could also argue Nakamba, Guilbert, Luiz and Targett, but I think they are still a bit off. 

I think you are also correct, it shows that we have a long way to go to become even a decent Premier League outfit. On the other hand, also how far we’ve come since Smith has been at the club and yet quite a lot of fans want him out, the mind boggles 

I saw a post on IG linking Nathaniel Clyne to Rangers. I remember him being great at Southampton, so wouldn’t mind him here (depending on his fitness). He wouldn’t cost too much, has a lot of PL experience and imo would be an upgrade on Elmo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AXD said:

I saw a post on IG linking Nathaniel Clyne to Rangers. I remember him being great at Southampton, so wouldn’t mind him here (depending on his fitness). He wouldn’t cost too much, has a lot of PL experience and imo would be an upgrade on Elmo.

Not played regular football since 16/17, pushing 30 and just been out for almost a year with a horrific knee injury.

Exactly the type we should stay away from. Too much of a gamble.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Not played regular football since 16/17, pushing 30 and just been out for almost a year with a horrific knee injury.

Exactly the type we should stay away from. Too much of a gamble.

That sounds like Drinkwater too

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

That sounds like Drinkwater too

Kinda yeah.

Was gonna put that as far as I know Clyne has been professional and not spent his time drinking during season but then did a quick google to be sure.

Seem like the typical footballer acting like a teenager.

SOCCER ace Nathaniel Clyne flew eight women, two aged 16 and 17, for a wild Marbella villa party weekend — as his side were losing at Liverpool.

The loan terms barred him from playing. But his antics — in which he was seen clutching a hippy crack gas canister and carrying a tray of booze — will dismay chiefs and fans at both clubs.

The romp dismayed one of the teenagers, who expected a romantic holiday with the star.

He invited them after seeing one two months earlier in a club and meeting another on a later night out.

There is no suggestion he knew their ages.

The source added: “One girl burst into tears when they landed at Marbella Airport and she saw the other women.

“She thought it was a romantic trip with Nathaniel.

“The group was completely random. The teenagers knew each other but none of the other women were friends.

“They were all over Nathaniel, who had his pick. But the others weren’t upset.

“He had spent thousands on them in flights, food, drink and the villa.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8495532/nathaniel-clyne-liverpool-bournemouth-villa-party-hippy-crack-women-holiday/

• Sad 1

I think we should look at the best players in the championship. I'm sure there's PL level players there we can afford that will hit the ground running. They won't always have fancy names like Wesley or Trez mind. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think we should look at the best players in the championship. I'm sure there's PL level players there we can afford that will hit the ground running. They won't always have fancy names like Wesley or Trez mind. 

Rather have a Benrahma or Eberechi Eze than a McCormack or Hogan

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Is Wesley really a fancy name 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is Wesley really a fancy name 😂

I'd say so. I've never met anyone that only goes by Wesley, unless it was a cat. Nor have I met anyone called Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd say so. I've never met anyone that only goes by Wesley, unless it was a cat. Nor have I met anyone called Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva.  

Always assumed was a common enough 1st name. 

Surname might not be so 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Always assumed was a common enough 1st name. 

Surname might not be so 😂

Would have been a household name for Villa fans if we'd only managed to bag Sneijder sometime during the last 15 years :D 

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Would have been a household name for Villa fans if we'd only managed to bag Sneijder sometime during the last 15 years :D 

We also missed out on the cut price version, Wesley Hoolahan 😂

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think this should not be our first option. There are many examples of players who where great in the championship but are not great PL players yet. In our own team we have Konsa, Hause, AEG, hourihane who were good championship players, but not so much in the PL. Grealish is doing well, Mings and McGinn had ups and downs.

i know there are gems out there and we should try to get a few, but they should be squad players at best. Expecting championship players to come in and perform in the PL is not really working. I’d prefer a few experienced heads first. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AXD said:

I think this should not be our first option. There are many examples of players who where great in the championship but are not great PL players yet. In our own team we have Konsa, Hause, AEG, hourihane who were good championship players, but not so much in the PL. Grealish is doing well, Mings and McGinn had ups and downs.

i know there are gems out there and we should try to get a few, but they should be squad players at best. Expecting championship players to come in and perform in the PL is not really working. I’d prefer a few experienced heads first. 

I didn't say great or good championship players. I said the best ones. Konsa, Hause, Hourihane or AEG were never great championship players, or the best ones. They were bang average to decent in a playoff team or bought for having potential. Grealish and Mings were clearly among the best in that league and thet have shown to hold the PL level which was my point. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I didn't say great or good championship players. I said the best ones. Konsa, Hause, Hourihane or AEG were never great championship players, or the best ones. They were bang average to decent in a playoff team or bought for having potential. Grealish and Mings were clearly among the best in that league and thet have shown to hold the PL level which was my point. 

Of the teams not promoted Che Adams was one of the standout players and has had a dreadful season

• Like 2