Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, villa4europe said:

nah Lingard has gone, he's on the same slippery slope that several ex utd and arsenal players take, he's made a tonne of cash, lived the high life and now he'll have to slum it in mid table for a paltry £80k a week

he's got the same career path as Theo Walcott 

I would take either of them here if you ask me. They’d both be on big wages but they have a lot of talent I think 

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Lingard needs to leave Manchester United to save his career I think. I think he has lot of talent, he can get goals from midfield but he loves United 

his last league goal was Solskjaer first game in charge, he has shown very little talent or ability in his near decade career so far

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I would take either of them here if you ask me. They’d both be on big wages but they have a lot of talent I think 

so Lingard, Drinkwater and now Walcott you highly rate but spent all season criticizing Grealish.

Top 20 Best Confused Meme 2020 (I'm Confused)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why isn’t Tuanzebe the kind of centre back we need? Because he’s not good in the air? He’s good at everything else. I’d take Lingard here, he’d be perfect for us

Lingard is a £100k/week version of Hourihane but without the set piece skill, goals or assists.

As for Tuanzebe I think he's a few years from being a starter in the PL, he'd be competing with £12m Konsa or (Engels) for a starting spot and I much rather have a finished article next to Mings if we are to push on. He's a talented player who's had a dismal times with injuries in the last 2 years and who as you mention has flaws in his game in an area we are already week in. (the air).

Edited by sne

Just now, Zatman said:

so Lingard, Drinkwater and now Walcott you highly rate but spent all season criticizing Grealish.

Top 20 Best Confused Meme 2020 (I'm Confused)

Opinions can change, if you read my latest comments in the Grealish thread, you can see what I really think of him

1 minute ago, sne said:

Lingard is a £100k/week version of Hourihane but without the set piece skill, goals or assists.

As for Tuanzebe I think he's a few years from being a starter in the PL, he'd be competing with £12m Konsa for a starting spot and I much rather have a finished article next to Mings if we are to push on. He's a talented player who's had a dismal times with injuries in the last 2 years and who as you mention has flaws in his game in an area we are already week in. (the air).

What do you think of Engels?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

What do you think of Engels?

He's OK. Uneven. 

Good enough squad option for a club in our position. Was very unlucky with the Spurs screw up, hopefully that hasn't shattered his confidence. I can see why it would tbh. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

the desire has gone, they're washed up, typical "young" English player paid more than their talent demands because they were at a top club, mental side of their game is way off

id be very disappointed if Villa were after Lingard let alone Theo

Think Sinclair, Lescott, Richards, that's the boat I would stick Lingard in, that's where his career will end up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the desire has gone, they're washed up, typical "young" English player paid more than their talent demands because they were at a top club, mental side of their game is way off

id be very disappointed if Villa were after Lingard let alone Theo

Think Sinclair, Lescott, Richards, that's the boat I would stick Lingard in, that's where his career will end up

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

would make a good 3rd choice CB, with Konsa in 4th getting experience and continuing to grow

problem is this season Engels is 2nd choice

Fully agree on both of these.

Even If we stay up we'd have a a lot of competition for Eze, think a lot of midtable premier league sides will be interested in him, Spurs have been linked as well, if we go down I doubt we'd have much chance at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Even If we stay up we'd have a a lot of competition for Eze, think a lot of midtable premier league sides will be interested in him, Spurs have been linked as well, if we go down I doubt we'd have much chance at all.

It’s why it’s vital that we stay up, I’d snap your hand off for 17th now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Good luck with explaining that to the likes of Levy. ;)

It's exactly what clubs would have tried with us in the past, but I'm confident that our present owners are more likely to use it themselves, rather than drop our asking prices having had it used on them.

You are quite right to pose the question of what £10m might now get us. I'm now busy wondering what 4 or 5 x £25m, could now bring into our club....:)  

The likes of Levy don’t need my explanations, they’re the practical explanation of the theory lol.

I agree with you regarding our owners, I have faith on them. But with the current issue, I don’t think it’s easy to assume what’s going to happen. If the season was voided, how much do we need to survive?

In the current circumstances, I’d buy two players, a DM and a Winger (possibly 2). With Jack around, we’d still have depth in El Ghazi and Trez. But we need a pacey winger. I won’t mind a young potential fullback to compete. Other than that we have depth in all other areas. Having Jack and adding the winger and DM would change our whole team.

Edited by abdulaziz1
  • Like 2

I wouldn’t take lingard. Would easily be on 100k and cares more about his Instagram than football. Plus everyone always thinks he’s early 20s but at this point I think he’s in his mid-to-late 40s...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I wouldn’t take lingard. Would easily be on 100k and cares more about his Instagram than football. Plus everyone always thinks he’s early 20s but at this point I think he’s in his mid-to-late 40s...

I won’t take him at all. To be honest I prefer to keep Jack (if that was a choice) and just add a winger and a DM. If we can get Benrahma then I think we’ll have a very good squad. 

So far our squad is good, but we lack a quality starters in certain areas. Mings, Jack and McGinn are the best we can think of. Heaton, Samatta are a good PL starters. Targett and Guilbert are the best fullbacks we had since the loanees (Walker and Bertrand). That keeps 4 positions, CB, DM, CM/Winger, Winger.

We have a good depth in CB, reasonable option, we can’t upgrade cheaply anyway, so I’ll not get one. 

DM we definitely lack one, Nakamba could be useful squad player, could start some games too.

If Jack is going to play as CM then we’ll need two wingers, otherwise we can play a new DM, McGinn and one of Luiz, Nakamba or Hourihane.

A winger is a must, Benrahma would be fantastic. 

So basically we can carry on with what we have if we added just two. 

We have a backups of Wesley, Davis upfront. Good depth almost every position. It’s just completing the piece which is missing. We don’t have pace on the counter, no proper wingers, no midfield covering. 2 players could change the whole team.

52 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who would you buy to play next to Mings then?

Honest not a clue! 

Part of me would want some out of nowhere youngster full of potential who at the very least will be worth 3x as much in 2 seasons time (like arsenal have saliba coming in this summer) 

The other part thinks we might be better off with another Chester who is comfortable next to mings or holding the hand of konsa / engels (thiago silva on a free ;)) 

• Thanks 1

If we stay up I'd ask for Dean Henderson and cash for Grealish. Likely to be turned down, but would certainly provide some very strong competition for Heaton if we can persuade United to do the deal.

We also need wingers regardless of what league we're in next season.

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we stay up I'd ask for Dean Henderson and cash for Grealish. Likely to be turned down, but would certainly provide some very strong competition for Heaton if we can persuade United to do the deal.

We also need wingers regardless of what league we're in next season.

I don’t think we need a keeper right now, Henderson will be their number one I think