Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Won’t make any difference if we go up or not we are a selling club and apart from the January window occasionally we always sell our players if the price is right in the pre season window.Thats how we attract the players with potential and we are there route to the top clubs and most of our fans except this.

I told you that Brentford would win 😉. It will be interesting if you keep the same strategy in the PL. You will need to keep all your best players if you want to stand a chance of staying up and shouldn't rely on undervalued players from lesser leagues adapting quickly. As a villa fan with recent experience, I can tell you that a lot of them don't  😕

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Brighton have signed Joel Veltman form Ajax....blimey.

Trust me, this guy wont make any PL team better. He lacks pace and strenght and has a lot of defensive errors. Because Ajax only attacks in the Eredivisie it wasn´t too big of an concern, but it was still very visible and isn´t very highly rated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's a summer transfer window thread on a football forum filled with teenagers. Did you think it would be like reading the telegraph? 

13 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Who even read's that!. :)

The telegraph, wasn't that the thing they used to use to send WhatsApp messages before the world turned to technicolour?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I told you that Brentford would win 😉. It will be interesting if you keep the same strategy in the PL. You will need to keep all your best players if you want to stand a chance of staying up and shouldn't rely on undervalued players from lesser leagues adapting quickly. As a villa fan with recent experience, I can tell you that a lot of them don't  😕

Well we are not in the PL yet and if we get there unles you are a top 6 side there is no way you can keep your best players

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Well we are not in the PL yet and if we get there unles you are a top 6 side there is no way you can keep your best players

We manage it.

We still have top players such as Nyland, Lansbury & Hogan.

Oh wait.......

Avoid The Office GIF

32 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm friend's with few a Brentford scout's

It''s their strategy., it work's for them. One day i hope we adopt it too.

We have bought majority shit player's for over 10 years.

Guy's i'd never recommend in all that 10  or so years, pure crap, crap

We need adopt Brentford model.

Edited by Villan4Life

2 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

We really missed a trick not buying Benrahma last summer, it's the equivalent of spurs refusing to buy Grealish off us when we were in the championship, and now look at him, Benrahma will go on to be a top player 

People keep saying he will go on to be a top player but he is 25 next week and hasnt played in any top division for over 5 seasons now. I dont really see this hype and wide players tend to fade quicker

He is actually older than Grealish

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

People keep saying he will go on to be a top player but he is 25 next week and hasnt played in any top division for over 5 seasons now. I dont really see this hype and wide players tend to fade quicker

He was also injured and would have cost 25 to 30 million. We had no clue as to whether he would recover, be able to raise his game to PL or whether that 25 to 30 could be better spent elsewhere. That is 3 question marks compared to the single Q's from el ghazi and Trez. 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One month

D.O.B :-

Grealish 10/9/95

Benrahma 10/8/95

I've seen both player'play live number times....  Can tell you now. We will be force if got Benrahma and kept Grealish.

Edited by Villan4Life

Last season it was said that we were planning for two scenarios, one being if we would go up and the other if we would stay inte the Championship. My impression is that several of the players that were first choice and scouted for the PL scenario we didn't get, and that we had to settle for the ones that actually were intended for our Championship scenario. We made bids for Webster, Phillips and Benrahma, but were priced out of all of them and went for Engels, Nakamba and Trezeguet for example. Engels was rumoured to be a target for Brentford, so a Championship player. Nakamba we were rumoured to be after in January, also part of the Championship scenario. Trezeguet I don't know if he would go to a Championship club, but was clearly not first choice. Guilbert was bought in January and thus also included in the Championship scenario. El Ghazi was a really good Championship player and obviously we made his loan permanent, but he was still a Championship player as such.

To me the clearly PL scenario players were only Heaton, Mings, Targett, Luiz and Wesley (though Abraham was first choice). The rest were more or less the Championship scenario players that we went for having not been able to bring in our primary targets.

Now this is not really a critique, we probably didn't have much chioce and did our best, but may be an explanation to why we struggled to stay in the PL. Of the other players only Grealish and McGinn were PL class, so that leaves us with 7 PL standard players at the beginning of the season, of which 3 were new to the league. I think many of our players have adapted and I would now call many of them PL standard players, at least lower table PL players.

But this summer we cannot do the same, we really need to add at least 4 proper PL players, and not players who will need 6 months to a year to adapt, but players who can go stright into the team and perform on a top half PL level. 

• Like 1