Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

@TrentVilla

Do you have any news on Barkley? Recall you seemed to think it was a goer?

cheers.

Nothing more than I already posted but also nothing to say it won't. So I'm still thinking it will, the press seem to be pushing the Loftus-Cheek name now more of the two but my preference is still Barkley.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I find it odd people are passing judgment on or assessing the window at this stage, there is still a week to go until it closes (or slams shut if you are a gimp on SSN).

The reality is though it isn't a week to go, its a week to go for PL or international moves but the window remains open for EFL deals through to the 16th I think it is, obviously SSN aren't aware that football exists outside the PL.

So it is possible we are focusing on say Barkely or Loftus-Cheek over players from the EFL like Henry or Benrahma, if indeed we have an interest in those pair.

It is therefore a little early to judge, right now I think we've improved the first team in two or three positions which unless players leave by default improves the squad.

I personally still think we are a little short in depth and quality in two or three positions but that is reflective of being a club in its second season following promotion. In an ideal world I'd like to see us add a forward, number 8, RCB and a LB but that is just not realistic.

So I'd be very happy if we can significantly strengthen two of those positions before the deadline (16th).

I just read this and just realised what "gimp" means, especially in relation to those on SSN. Gormless Idiotic Mumbling Prick. 

As Trent says, the transfer window is still open so it's too early to say whether it's been a success or not. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that we can only really judge at the end of the season. I know we'll all make judgements on what we see initially, which is fine, but if Douglas-Luiz has taught us something, we should wait and see before getting too down about a player's ability. 

That said, I'm pretty happy with our business so far. Martinez, Cash, Traore and Watkins, plus the new contracts for Grealish and Mings (soon to be followed by Douggie), all get me pretty excited that we are going to have a better season than last. There'll be plenty of ups and downs, but come the season end I think we'll be pretty happy with the new players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

As Trent says, the transfer window is still open so it's too early to say whether it's been a success or not. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that we can only really judge at the end of the season. I know we'll all make judgements on what we see initially, which is fine, but if Douglas-Luiz has taught us something, we should wait and see before getting too down about a player's ability. 

That said, I'm pretty happy with our business so far. Martinez, Cash, Traore and Watkins, plus the new contracts for Grealish and Mings (soon to be followed by Douggie), all get me pretty excited that we are going to have a better season than last. There'll be plenty of ups and downs, but come the season end I think we'll be pretty happy with the new players. 

Yes, this ^.  I had hoped for 1 proper exciting marquee signing, but the new deals + solid improvement is maybe more realistic for where we are as a club.  Having Ramsey break through would also be a bonus.  And while there is inevitably a lack of depth throughout the squad, having a season with more consistency within the team and not having to integrate 8-9 players especially with the short closed season will be an added benefit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll raise you a 9.5 if we find out how much Lansbury actually earns per week by October 5th.

Earns? About £2.50.

Paid - £40k a week.
https://www.spotrac.com/Premier League/aston-villa-fc/payroll/
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/every-aston-villa-players-2019-21248170
https://futballnews.com/aston-villa-players-2019-2020-weekly-wages-salaries-revealed/
https://footballleaguefc.com/aston-villa-2019-20-player-wages/      (personally, I think this one is the least reliable of the 4 quoted)

Not saying these sites are perfect, but you can check the totals against the company accounts, and as long as the figures are consistent across the different years of a players contract, then the are about right. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I think most on here are rating the window up until this moment. And most would agree it's been pretty good up until now. 

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ha ha! Oh dear, I feel a bit bad now! As I say he is likeable enough. Whoops 😆 

I wouldn't feel bad. Bardell comes across as a bit of a sycophant tbh. I remember the time he was trying to promote the Athletic on the villa view, saying he wasn't connected it and just thought it was a great publication for sport in general. Fast forward a month or so and he has joined up with gregg Evans on their villa podcast. Coincidence?! Or when he closed the villa view channel, stating he didn't have the time, only to restart it when it started receiving sponsor money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

I wouldn't feel bad. Bardell comes across as a bit of a sycophant tbh. I remember the time he was trying to promote the Athletic on the villa view, saying he wasn't connected it and just thought it was a great publication for sport in general. Fast forward a month or so and he has joined up with gregg Evans on their villa podcast. Coincidence?! Or when he closed the villa view channel, stating he didn't have the time, only to restart it when it started receiving sponsor money. 

I was suspicious of him drinking red bull every episode too (before the purity sponsorship!). Lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Boring as fvck too

• Haha 2