Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I think he will during the course of some games. I think we're looking for a fluid attack with players interchanging positions to keep people on their toes. Watkins naturally pulls wide too. Like Henry did.

We've already seen him pull wide against Sheffield too, pushing Jack into midfield and making room for Davis. I suspect this will happen a lot, and is at least partly why he was signed in the first place.

• Like 2

The longer that clubs are forced to play without fans, the more important it will be for smaller clubs to sell in order to survive.  I think there will be a number of bargains hitting the market in January for the teams who can afford to spend still.  Would be advantageous to save some funds and scour the market for January.  

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The longer that clubs are forced to play without fans, the more important it will be for smaller clubs to sell in order to survive.  I think there will be a number of bargains hitting the market in January for the teams who can afford to spend still.  Would be advantageous to save some funds and scour the market for January.  

To assist on our push for a Champions League spot 

• Like 2

I'd give the window a 5 out of 10 so far.

Going through the business I'd say Martinez is the most impressive signing so far, but if could have retained Reina with him and Heaton plus Steer i don't think Martinez is a big improvement in the short term. For me the benefit if this signing we be seen longer term. A 7 out of 10 signing.

Cash was definitely necessary, all 4 wide positions needed quality first team players in. He looks a good capture and I'm confident in his quality going forward, but ultimately he is seen as a defender so he need to show quality there too, of which there has to be some doubt. So a 7 out of 10 signing.

Traore was essential, he certainly has a lot of ability, but there are obviously question marks over consistency and mentality. So a 6 to 7 out of 10 signing.

Watkins was also essential as the striking options we had going into the new season were quite simply abysmal. Looks sharp, with good movement, sound technique, and a good Athlete. Only question mark is the quality of his finishing. 7 out of ten signing.

We have yet to bring in the left sided players I deem absolutely necessary. Also a CB and a CM which for me should loan or speculative signings would also help insure us in the event of serious injuries. As a result I can only give this window a 5 out of ten so far.

If we get a left winger it just about gets a 7. If we get a LW and a Left back then that's a 9 out of ten. Add the aforementioned CB and CM you have a 10 out of 10.

8 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I'd give the window a 5 out of 10 so far.

Going through the business I'd say Martinez is the most impressive signing so far, but if could have retained Reina with him and Heaton plus Steer i don't think Martinez is a big improvement in the short term. For me the benefit if this signing we be seen longer term. A 7 out of 10 signing.

Cash was definitely necessary, all 4 wide positions needed quality first team players in. He looks a good capture and I'm confident in his quality going forward, but ultimately he is seen as a defender so he need to show quality there too, of which there has to be some doubt. So a 7 out of 10 signing.

Traore was essential, he certainly has a lot of ability, but there are obviously question marks over consistency and mentality. So a 6 to 7 out of 10 signing.

Watkins was also essential as the striking options we had going into the new season were quite simply abysmal. Looks sharp, with good movement, sound technique, and a good Athlete. Only question mark is the quality of his finishing. 7 out of ten signing.

We have yet to bring in the left sided players I deem absolutely necessary. Also a CB and a CM which for me should loan or speculative signings would also help insure us in the event of serious injuries. As a result I can only give this window a 5 out of ten so far.

If we get a left winger it just about gets a 7. If we get a LW and a Left back then that's a 9 out of ten. Add the aforementioned CB and CM you have a 10 out of 10.

Baby Reaction GIF

No reliable press links to any player all morning.  Come on mods get this thread locked. 

Keep seeing new posts and get excited that we've signed someone....... But no, it's just another pointless post rating the window. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8712902

I don’t think it’s a 5. I’d say a 7.

we created chances last year and couldn’t put them away and now we look to have put that right, we hope anyway. I think so.

We lacked pace out wide and have sorted that.

We have signed players onto new contracts.

We have purchased a goalkeeper who has already saved us two points.

Last year we were naive and failed because we lacked concentration, we seem to have adjusted to the league now, you can’t buy that.

So for me, 7/10, more could be done for sure.

• Like 2

I’m sure there will be more signings, it’s just a matter of how soon we can wrap up deals. If we manage to offload a few players then that will enable us to do more business.

I wouldn’t rule out a deadline day signing or two either, there’s always a mad rush & panic at the end of the window and Sky will be making their usual, massive fuss and bringing out the flipping yellow ties again...

We have until Monday 5th October to get in players from home & abroad and until Friday 16th October to complete domestic EFL deals. So I would assume that, according to our list of targets and priorities, we would be chasing top and/or foreign targets first and if unsuccessful then possibly pursue alternative options later e.g. if we don’t manage to sign Rashica, we would place bids for Sarr or Benrahma. 

We’ll probably look to bring in a couple of loans too (RLC/Barkley), bringing in Sessegnon seems like a good idea if we are allowed (FFP)...

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No reliable press links to any player all morning.  Come on mods get this thread locked. 

Keep seeing new posts and get excited that we've signed someone....... But no, it's just another pointless post rating the window. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8712902

Shut the Lange one whilst they are at it as well as he is clearly a waste of oxygen