Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Okay. So how do you rate the new boys out of 10, and the players they’re replacing?  Be interested to see what you think quality looks like. 

Edit:

To clarify that’s:

Watkins Vs Samatta - 
Martinez Vs Nyland -

Cash Vs Guilbert -

Traore Vs Ghazi - 

Watkins by a country mile

Martinez by the same

Guilbert till Cash proves the shirt should be his

Traore already shown a glimpse of magic so he nudges it, Anwar has had his moments too but something has changed upstairs

---------------------------------------------------------

IF they happen......

Rachica light years ahead of Trez

RLC or Barkley both an upgrade over Connor 

• Like 1

I don't think you can truely judge the transfer window until after the season, or at least until a good proportion of it has been played, I'm sure many would have given an high rating to our signings last summer but maybe not so much by the time the season had played out, same with the summer we signed all those French players versus the end of the season. And then in January 2019 I bet there were many who weren't impressed with Hause, Mings and Carroll but turns out the first two played a big part in us getting promoted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think you can truely judge the transfer window until after the season, or at least until a good proportion of it has been played, I'm sure many would have given an high rating to our signings last summer but maybe not so much by the time the season had played out, same with the summer we signed all those French players versus the end of the season. And then in January 2019 I bet there were many who weren't impressed with Hause, Mings and Carroll but turns out the first two played a big part in us getting promoted.

Mings looked a big coup to me at the time for a Championship club. Adding him to a spine of Mcginn, Grealish and Tammy meant we had the best championship squad on paper that year, hence the 10 game winning run once all fit and available.

I could see us signing a left wing back like Rico Henry if we don’t get a left winger. That would possibly allow us to sign a new striker and move Watkins out wide. I’m concerned that Watkins is being heavily relied upon and if he were to get injured we’d be looking very light up front again. Watkins was great up front last season, but he always played as an inside forward before, so he’s a great option either way. I heard what Smith said about stockpiling players etc. but he’s hardly likely to say we’re looking for any specific positions in the middle of the window and he’s only going to heap praise on players already here. 

If we could add a CB and a CM as well, then we’d have most scenarios pretty well covered. I don’t know if all that is possible but we would be looking pretty strong if we could do it. 

Edited by DaveAV1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I could see us signing a left wing back like Rico Henry if we don’t get a left winger. That would possibly allow us to sign a new striker and move Watkins out wide. I’m concerned that Watkins is being heavily relied upon and if he were to get injured we’d be looking very light up front again. Watkins was great up front last season, but he always played as an inside forward before, so he’s a great option either way. I heard what Smith said about stockpiling players etc. but he’s hardly likely to say we’re looking for any specific positions in the middle of the window and he’s only going to heap praise on players already here. 

If we could add a CB and a CM as well, then we’d have most scenarios pretty well covered. I don’t know if all that is possible but we would be looking pretty strong if we could do it. 

Watkins isn’t going to play wide. 

• Like 1

TBH I think the window has been okayish. 

I think we have improved 3 positions very well. GK, RW, CF. Arguably RB also, but I would also argue it wasn't priority position this window. I think the LB position was of a higher priority with Targett and Taylor. The CM is still unresolved as other than McGinn and Dougie we are poor in general, LW needs attention and cover at CF as well as CB is needed. I think another 2 players to cover 4 positions is definitely necessary this season. 

Sorry to disappoint you all but I think we have done most of our business in the transfer market. I think we might try to shift a couple of players out if we can like Nyland, Guilbert or Kallinic. I think we might try to get a another wide player/forward near the close of the window, possibly on a loan.  I don't think Rashica, Barkley or RLC will happen.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Possibly not, but I still think we need another striker. Perhaps Brewster who we could continue to develop and still give a fair bit of game time to. If we are expecting Watkins to start every league game we run the risk of him getting jaded and losing form and/or getting injured. If we were to sign Rashica then perhaps I’d worry less as he adds more cover for CF. Only time will tell and there’s only a week to go now until the window slams shut. Although this year it’s leaving a little gap for another couple of weeks. 

Hopefully our English contingent will help sway Loftus-Cheek into joining us. I do have a suspicion though he will end up at WHU in exchange plus cash for Rice. I also reckon it’s one from Rashica/Sarr/Edouard to complete the window.  

On paper I’d say thus far it is 8/10 but proof will be next summer in terms of final league position. 

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sorry to disappoint you all but I think we have done most of our business in the transfer market. I think we might try to shift a couple of players out if we can like Nyland, Guilbert or Kallinic. I think we might try to get a another wide player/forward near the close of the window, possibly on a loan.  I don't think Rashica, Barkley or RLC will happen.

oh my god omg GIF

I definitely think we'll end up with one of Barkley or RLC on loan but then that will be it. I've given up on the whole Rashica thing.

Get one of those in and that's still a great window for me, if we end up in a couple weeks with not even a new midfielder then I'll say we've **** up a bit. 

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
                     Luiz
         McGinn - Barkley/RLC
   Traore - Watkins - Grealish

This looks good to me

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he will during the course of some games. I think we're looking for a fluid attack with players interchanging positions to keep people on their toes. Watkins naturally pulls wide too. Like Henry did.

• Like 1