Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

51 minutes ago, paul514 said:

You sir are insane, we have effectively 3 players for centre back but 2 for left back and 2 centre backs who can play left back

This makes no sense, some would call it nonsense..Did you mean to write it as you have?

We only have 1 left back as I refuse to even acknowledge we have Taylor. For all the good work Targett can do he should be back up only..

There are no centre-backs I would play as Left back unless we really have to and if really needed Elmo could be an emergency CB...

This is not how we should be structuring our team long term so anyone who can come in and strengthen the LB and CB positions is where we need to be looking.

• Like 2

Ruben Loftus-Cheek seems like a genuine link but has a troubled injury history, or is he just a sicknote who likes a break every now and then.

Should we sign him, does he really improve us? 

I'm pretty sure he is not injured at the moment but is probably not match fit.

18/19 Achilles tendon rupture May 15, 2019 Feb 19, 2020 280 days 38Chelsea FC
17/18 Injury to the ankle Dec 28, 2017 Mar 31, 2018 93 days 14Crystal Palace
17/18 Thigh Muscle Strain Sep 28, 2017 Oct 19, 2017 21 days 2Crystal Palace
17/18 groin strain Aug 21, 2017 Sep 11, 2017 21 days 3Crystal Palace

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Or you could of told him, rather than writing all that out 

veronica mars wink GIF

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day; Teach a man to fish and feed him for a life time”

Edit: sorry, didn’t read on, already done 😬

Edited by thunderball
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Anyone know if he’s any good? Maybe a lazy link because of Lange?

Useful write-up from Villa blog underagaslitlamp.com:

The super-fit defender played over 3,000 minutes in the Danish Superliga last season as FC Kobenhavn finished in second place behind FC Midtjylland, and boasts some impressive statistics despite the level of the league.

According to Opta, Nelsson would fit in Aston Villa’s style of play – in which they deploy ball-playing centrebacks Tyrone Mings and Ezri Konsa – with the defender amassing an 87% pass accuracy last season.

The 21-year-old, who has represented Denmark at every level but senior, has been playing football since the age of four for Hornbaek IF – a club that his father was a coach at – before he was later scouted and signed by FC Nordsjaelland and rose through the academy there.

Last season, Nelsson boasted a 69% aerial duel success rate, whilst he was stronger on the ground, with a 72% ground duel success rate. As well as this, the defender made 173 clearances, 42 interceptions and 25 blocks across 34 games of football.

Doesn't sound too shabby, albeit it's in the Danish league.

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've been saying this for a few months now. The price would be nothing, so very low risk. 

I reckon you have. 🙂 Myself, I very rarely do "recommendations", it's just that this fella is growing so rapidly that he'll be impossible to overlook / out of our reach pretty soon.

• Like 1